Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, as it seems AMD is now announcing stuff that will happen in a to be released driver. So be it, AMD will later today release Radeon Software 17.9.2 For the 2 people that have been able to purchase two of them, it will bring Multi-GPU compatibility towards Vega.

AMD enables multi-GPU (mGPU) configurations with Radeon RX Vega graphics cards, releasing the new Radeon Software 17.9.2. With Radeon Software 17.9.2, gamers can pair two RX Vega 56 or two RX Vega 64 GPUs, supercharging performance and letting them play at the highest resolutions with the most detailed settings in today's most demanding titles.

Just one example of the major impact on performance this update brings: testing done at AMD Performance Labs saw more than 80 percent faster performance using Radeon Software 17.9.2 in mGPU with Radeon RX Vega 64 in Far Cry Primal, Metro Last Night Redux, Sniper Elite 4, and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, over single GPU performance. We'll let you know once the driver can be downloaded, as it wasn't even released just yet.


 

·
PC Evangelist
Joined
·
47,375 Posts
Are they sure about Witcher 3 because my 2 x 290X could never work at 4K with CFX. It was the most stuttery mess ever.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

Are they sure about Witcher 3 because my 2 x 290X could never work at 4K with CFX. It was the most stuttery mess ever.
Hope this driver will do it for the old as well.
 

·
Bite my shiny metal GPU!
Joined
·
4,037 Posts
For a second I interpreted the title as Vega getting driver support for a mobile configuration and said to myself "Who the hell would put Vega in a notebook?".

Then I thought for a bit and realized they were referring to CFX.
upsidedwnsmiley.gif
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
9,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenge View Post

For a second I interpreted the title as Vega getting driver support for a mobile configuration and thought to myself "Who the hell would put Vega in a notebook?".
Is that a challenge?

Honestly I think it could be a decent laptop GPU if they took the R9 Nano route and went for a wide, slow design. A 1070 would probably run faster and cooler, however.
 

·
Bite my shiny metal GPU!
Joined
·
4,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalUnicorn View Post

Is that a challenge?

Honestly I think it could be a decent laptop GPU if they took the R9 Nano route and went for a wide, slow design. A 1070 would probably run faster and cooler, however.
It's not so much a challenge, really. You'd just have to take the SR-71 approach to building the laptop's chassis by making it completely out of titanium so that the Vega doesn't melt it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro3ootector View Post

Right, as it seems AMD is now announcing stuff that will happen in a to be released driver. So be it, AMD will later today release Radeon Software 17.9.2 For the 2 people that have been able to purchase two of them, it will bring Multi-GPU compatibility towards Vega.
lmao

pretty funny but disappointing at the same time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
I just need my Overwatch fix.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

Are they sure about Witcher 3 because my 2 x 290X could never work at 4K with CFX. It was the most stuttery mess ever.
Witcher 3 runs like crap with crossfire and they never managed to fix it. Looks good on the fps side but frametimes are horrible, I don't know why they are showcasing this.
doh.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

Are they sure about Witcher 3 because my 2 x 290X could never work at 4K with CFX. It was the most stuttery mess ever.
That would literally be Witcher 3's fault, not the 290x cards. Tho tbh the 290x was never made for driving 4k, they're more tuned for 1440p. My 295x2 romped happily at 1440p and while it does play WoW and Farming Simulator at 4k in xfire, it has mild performance issues and stutter in both.

I'd suggest locking the slots your 290x's are in to PCIe 2.0 and not expecting slick 4k performance from Gamewerks titles on older AMD hardware.
 

·
PC Evangelist
Joined
·
47,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prjindigo View Post

That would literally be Witcher 3's fault, not the 290x cards. Tho tbh the 290x was never made for driving 4k, they're more tuned for 1440p. My 295x2 romped happily at 1440p and while it does play WoW and Farming Simulator at 4k in xfire, it has mild performance issues and stutter in both.

I'd suggest locking the slots your 290x's are in to PCIe 2.0 and not expecting slick 4k performance from Gamewerks titles on older AMD hardware.
1 cards runs it fine. 4K CFX just does not work well.
 

·
Not a linux lobbyist
Joined
·
2,455 Posts
Good news. I hope some of Vegas new features can make sli look bad in comparison.
Will find out soon I'm sure.
 

·
PC Evangelist
Joined
·
47,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rluker5 View Post

Good news. I hope some of Vegas new features can make sli look bad in comparison.
Will find out soon I'm sure.
Its down to the game at this stage when it comes to Dual GPUs.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top