1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Elecom MF-SU2 Flash Drives .. so small
By Hilbert Hagedoorn, March 6, 2009 - 7:05 PM

Quote:

You know, Elecom MF-SU2 Flash Drives Could Probably Be Smaller Were It Not For The USB Connector. Here’s the perfect accessory for those of you using a netbook, particularly with a small SSD hard drive. The diminutive MF-SU2 series of USB flash drives from Elecom are barely visible when connected to one of your laptop’s USB ports, but provide either 4 or 8GB of extra storage. They also come with a piece of security software known as PASS (Password Authentication Security System) that allows you to access the drive’s secure contents without having to type a password on your own PC.

I’m not sure when they’ll be available or for how much, but you’ll have your choice of black, blue, pink and white colors.

Source
It is nice to see technology moving forward but I already lost 2 normal sized flash drives. I don't think I will be getting anything like this.

·
Registered
948 Posts
You'd only keep hold of these if you never took them out - Hence, what's the point.

If it does Readyboost I'll plug one in and forget about it happily. For normal use, I'll stick to something a bit easier to find.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
The point is more storage for netbooks, that dont have a sd slot.

·
My claws fix anything
3,246 Posts
I like small flash drives (have one that fits in the card slot of my wallet), but this seems a little strange. If you want to keep it in the netbook all of the time, it seems like it would stick out and get snagged on things. Plus the storage isn't all that large considering the other drives on the market (given, this thing IS tiny, but still).

Interesting though.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Neat concept. There are bluetooth receivers with a similar form factor. These would be great for modding into a linux firewall or SFF pc that rarely sees disc use, as this could be stowed away easily somewhere in the case.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
looks like my wireless logitech laptop mouse reciever. id take one of these my laptop has 6 usb slots. need something to put in them!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.