Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Eurocom is launching the M4, the world's most powerful 13.3" QHD+ notebook. It is equipped with a breathtaking 3200x1800 QHD+ display, an Intel Core i7 Extreme Processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M Maxwell graphics. The 5,760,000 pixels of the 13.3" 3200x1800 QHD+ display are powered by the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M graphics with 2GB DDR5 VRAM, 640 CUDA Cores, with a GPU core able to run at up to 1029MHz +boost. Weighing just two kilograms and being only 1.2 inches thin makes the EUROCOM M4 extremely easy to carry and transport, with no need for a power cord due to the great battery life brought on by supported NVIDIA Optimus Technology.
http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/eurocom_offers_poweful_13_3_ultraportable_with_3200x1800_qhd_display.html

I think this is pretty significant news since it makes the high res panels more accessible and brings a more portable gaming laptop to the market.

Anyone used a Clevo 13" or 14" laptop?
smile.gif

·
Registered
48 Posts
No mobile chip is powerful enough to power any demanding game at that resolution.

The QHD+ screen doesn't make this thing more portable. Actually the Maxwell GPU does as it noticeably reduces power consumption and heat dissipation compared to Kepler.

However there's more portable gaming laptops already. Gigabyte P34G for example. i7 4700HQ, 8GB, GTX760M. But that's 1.6kg, 0.83 inches.

Maxwell will greatly improve graphics power available in 14" and below (and any above as well) though.

·
Premium Member
11,329 Posts
how it looks at 1080p is the deciding factor

Otherwise I guess its cool to look at tiny text lol

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocInferno View Post

No mobile chip is powerful enough to power any demanding game at that resolution.

The QHD+ screen doesn't make this thing more portable. Actually the Maxwell GPU does as it noticeably reduces power consumption and heat dissipation compared to Kepler.

However there's more portable gaming laptops already. Gigabyte P34G for example. i7 4700HQ, 8GB, GTX760M. But that's 1.6kg, 0.83 inches.

Maxwell will greatly improve graphics power available in 14" and below (and any above as well) though.
My intention was to run games at a lower res and I think running them at non-native res should be fine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReciever View Post

how it looks at 1080p is the deciding factor

Otherwise I guess its cool to look at tiny text lol
The idea here is that you use twice the pixel count in both directions compared to a resolution where the text would be fine. Pixel doubling essentially. 3200x1800 is twice as many pixels in each direction as 1600x900. So you just give every window and text twice the size, then they're still sharp and as big as they'd be if the same screen size had 1600x900.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts