Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
waifu for lifu
11,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ex DICE artist Ren, shared a video on his forest project, showing the graphical capabilities of Unreal Engine 4 and explores the limits of real-time rendering. Ren aims to release a tech demo that combines Scifi, AI, robotics, nature and a story as a first introduction to the universe he is shaping in the near future. This will be a playable experience showcasing that developing high-end 4K graphics is the future, and this tech demo will ignore performance, memory, technical limitations and will purely focus on getting closer to photo-realistic visuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=36&v=qlyzo9ll9Vw

source

·
:)
11,146 Posts
Looks nice, thanks for sharing :)

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
1080p @ this quality beat whatever 4K + current graphics.

IMO there is no point going up to 4K until graphic catch up

·
:)
11,146 Posts
1080p @ this quality beat whatever 4K + current graphics.

IMO there is no point going up to 4K until graphic catch up
Overall the experience with 4K is much better. Even if graphics are low, just a better feel overall. 1080p is so outdated, even my old 1440p monitor is horrid to look at compared to 4K.

Even if the colours are nice and balanced, not so pleasant to look at if the image is not crisp!

·
Otherworlder
7,517 Posts
source link doesn't seem to go anywhere specific.

details on the hardware used? it would be pointless to showcase such level of realism only to require a DGX-1.

·
What should be here ?
5,737 Posts
"Where's the proof that the scene was rendered?"

Source: Me

·
Gaming enthusiast
836 Posts
Here comes 1tb games...This looks really good.

·
Registered
126 Posts
That's an impressive feat, I'd really like to know the hardware behind this rendering as well.

Rocks look really great. Foliage, on the other end, have that sort of plastic "Ikea" too perfect artificial plant feel\vibe to them.

·
waifu for lifu
11,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
source link doesn't seem to go anywhere specific.

details on the hardware used? it would be pointless to showcase such level of realism only to require a DGX-1.
He has links on the youtube page. I'm unable to view some of them, but there are some comments regards his setup. Oddly, the guru3d wont let me directly link the article, but the quote is the entire piece.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts