Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
LTSC for life crew
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Intel is preparing new “KA” variants of all its unlocked 10th generation processors, the i9-10900KA, i9-109850KA, i7-10700KA, and i5-10600KA have been sighted at some etailers. The differences between the “K” models and “KA” are however a bit of a mystery.
Source - https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/intel-is-preparing-new-ka-cpusincluding-i9-10900kai9-10850kai7-10700ka-and-i5-10600ka-spotted.html

I'm still waiting on that "KFC" edition made of fried chicken. Or was it so hot it could fry chicken...?

·
professional curmudgeon
10,391 Posts
they should start using different IHS colors and segment those.

then ppl can argue what color gives the best thermal performance. :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
"KA" is a german abbreviation for "Keine Ahnung" which means in english "no idea". seems like intel doesnt know what it is either ^^

·
mfw
8,641 Posts
"KA" is a german abbreviation for "Keine Ahnung" which means in english "no idea". seems like intel doesnt know what it is either ^^
They're probably running out of mindshare so quickly that they're trying to market any small difference in fabrication as an entirely new SKU.

Funny part is that we're probably going to see a 10900KB model before we see anything fundamentally iterative from Intel.

·
LTSC for life crew
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I worked for a german company and we literally got smacked over the head if we used "Ohne Eintrag" on any of our engineering documents. Ohne Eintrag means "Not available" or "Not otherwise specified". :)

·
Overclocker in training
13,062 Posts
Hi,
Guess they've been watching nvidia do it for the past couple years with 20 series good chips so keep on keeping on.

·
Expert pin bender
2,184 Posts
Avengers edition eh? Haha, got to love marketing.

Updated: when we posted this news item I received a PM from somebody who would like to remain anonymous, he who indicated this would be an Avengers edition. I completely forgot about it, but in the end, he was right. The KA editions are a Special promo edition of K cpu's for the Marvel's Avengers game launch in September. The A would stand for Avengers. Packaging of a possible KA CPU has surfaced at a Vietnamese webshop, where it is listed as 'Intel Core i9-10900K Avengers Edition'. Although the chip is not called '10900KA', it is probably simply written the same name. It just has 10 cores, 20 threads, a base clock speed of 3.7 GHz, and a boost clock on one core of 5.3 GHz, exactly what we know from the Core i9 10900K.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Avengers Edition.

Attachments

·
mfw
8,641 Posts
"Avengers Edition CPU"

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Coming 28. August

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
The cringe is real...

·
Robotic Chemist
2,928 Posts
Coming 28. August
Is this... is this real? How far they have fallen. This has to be worse than doing nothing, doesn't it? Actually, probably not. :(

I wonder how much Intel paid for the rights. :kookoo:

I'm still waiting on that "KFC" edition made of fried chicken. Or was it so hot it could fry chicken...?
You know, I bet KFC wouldn't even charge that much, Intel should give them a call. It could result in some appetizing box art. :p

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Is this... is this real? How far they have fallen. This has to be worse than doing nothing, doesn't it? Actually, probably not. :(

I wonder how much Intel paid for the rights. :kookoo:

You know, I bet KFC wouldn't even charge that much, Intel should give them a call. It could result in some appetizing box art. :p

Atleast Intel still is the gaming king :D LOL

·
Registered
2,330 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts

·
Registered