Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
16 nm GP104 silicon "GP104-200-A1" GPU
1920 CUDA cores
15 out of 20 streaming multiprocessors enabled
120 TMUs
64 ROPs
256-bit GDDR5 memory, 8 GB standard memory amount
Max GPU Boost frequency 1600 MHz
6.75 TFLOP/s single-precision floating point performance
150W TDP, single 8-pin PCIe power connector
3x DisplayPort 1.4, 1x HDMI 2.0b
2-way SLI with SLI HB bridge support

Source
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
This is worse than worst case scenario..Only 1920SP and only 15% more than GTX970.
I was hoping for 2304SP or 2048SP

1920SP just sucks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by headd View Post

This is worse than worse case scenario..Only 1920SP and only 15% more than GTX970.
I was hoping for 2304SP or 2048SP
Combine that with GDDR5 non-X and we are going to see a performance somewhere between 980 and 980Ti. The price gap between 1070 and 1080 is too huge and needs to be justified.
 

·
Newb to Overclock.net
Joined
·
4,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoppock View Post

16 nm GP104 silicon "GP104-200-A1" GPU
1920 CUDA cores
15 out of 20 streaming multiprocessors enabled
120 TMUs
64 ROPs
256-bit GDDR5 memory, 8 GB standard memory amount
Max GPU Boost frequency 1600 MHz
6.75 TFLOP/s single-precision floating point performance
150W TDP, single 8-pin PCIe power connector
3x DisplayPort 1.4, 1x HDMI 2.0b
2-way SLI with SLI HB bridge support

Source
@bolded -- seems like a slightly worse bin, at about 133MHz less than 1080 FE. It will be interesting to see what they can clock to when cooled and overvolted because this card will need as much headroom as possible to give it value.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
75% of CU, worse memory, worse boost clock. Seeing how 1080 is ~25% faster than 980 Ti. This card is likely a sidegrade to 980 Ti.

70-75% of a 1080% at 63% of the cost. 1070 doesn't sound like the deal 970 was compared to 980 (85% of the performance for 60% of the cost)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,011 Posts
This is a piece of junk at $450.

1/4 is actually being cut out, and to think GTX 970 was actually $329 MSRP 20 month ago?

Wow, in the history of GPU, this is the worst cut GX04 chip.

GTX 470 - 6.67% cut
GTX 570 - 6.25% cut
GTX 670 - 12.5% cut
GTX 970 - 19% cut

GTX 1070 - 25% cut

Oh did we forget the MSRP for X70 series are currently the highest at $449 where $379 will be almost non-existence.

I feel like giving enthusiast hobby altogether till the next gen material hit for PC.
 

·
AMD s939 LVL 99+
Joined
·
2,996 Posts
If this card sells for the price I thought I seen on OCN awhile ago ($379 or w/e) then its a deal... My GTX 580 is old and tired. Contemplated a 900 series until the prices were ridiculous, but yeah, looking like a 1070 for me. w00t
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guttheslayer View Post

This is a piece of junk at $450.

1/4 is actually being cut out, and to think GTX 970 was actually $329 MSRP 20 month ago?

Wow, in the history of GPU, this is the worst cut GX04 chip.

GTX 470 - 6.67% cut
GTX 570 - 6.25% cut
GTX 670 - 12.5% cut
GTX 970 - 19% cut

GTX 1070 - 25% cut

Oh did we forget the MSRP for X70 series are currently the highest at $449 where $379 will be almost non-existence.
And many of these guys have said to "stick to your lane" when it comes to buying this stuff.

Rip offs in every segment from from the bottom to the top.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
I'll hold on to my GTX980 for a while until something better come up.
rolleyes.gif
Granted I got it for $329.50 shipped used on ebay 5 months ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i7monkey View Post

And many of these guys have said to "stick to your lane" when it comes to buying this stuff.

Rip offs in every segment from from the bottom to the top.
The biggest cut I have ever seen from a full blown version was GTX 780 with GK110, but even den it only a 20% cut from 780 Ti. There exist even a milder cut which was OG Titan at 6.7% cut.

The 3584 P100 was a 6.7% cut as well....

25% for GTX 1070!! What daylight robbery is this with $379-$449
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,052 Posts
Bummer, this was an absolute buy for me till I clicked on this thread lol.
 

·
RIP OCN 2018
Joined
·
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guttheslayer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by i7monkey View Post

And many of these guys have said to "stick to your lane" when it comes to buying this stuff.

Rip offs in every segment from from the bottom to the top.
The biggest cut I have ever seen from a full blown version was GTX 780 with GK110, but even den it only a 20% cut from 780 Ti. There exist even a milder cut which was OG Titan at 6.7% cut.

The 3584 P100 was a 6.7% cut as well....

25% for GTX 1070!! What daylight robbery is this with $379-$449
The real joke is that they cut 25% of the small die, not even the big one.

I saw this coming from miles away. Everybody called me crazy. Oh well, I lol'd
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Now wait for the Maxwell cripple
rolleyes.gif


Give me a decent card for a decent price. AMD, my wallet is ready.

EDIT: we should thank Nvidia actually. They are screwing the consumer base so hard that AMD will be an interesting choice. They'll gain market share, brand presence and we will finally have a decent GPU market again. All praise Nvidia *lmao*
 

·
Newb to Overclock.net
Joined
·
4,168 Posts
Let's see if AMD Polaris will put this card in its proper place tomorrow.
 
1 - 20 of 302 Posts
Top