Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I love mine, if that counts for anything.

I came from a 5750, so I mean, it was worlds apart. Everything is better in my new rig, and the highlight for me is probably the OC'd 580.

edit: I would go with a Twin Frozr II or an EVGA 580DS if you can, strictly for temperature sake. It's only a marginal difference in price (I believe the Twin Frozr is the same price?) for 5-8c difference in temps.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
It's reference design, so its going to be the same as any other GTX 580 (which are awesome, run cool and quiet, good overclocking headroom) - if it were me, I would spend the extra couple $$ and get the GIGABYTE GV-N580UD-15I GeForce GTX 580

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125364

It will overclock better and run a bit cooler - just my 2 cents

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by refeek;14239059

I came from a 5750, so I mean, it was worlds apart. Everything is better in my new rig, and the highlight for me is probably the OC'd 580.

edit: I would go with a Twin Frozr II or an EVGA 580DS if you can, strictly for temperature sake. It's only a marginal difference in price (I believe the Twin Frozr is the same price?) for 5-8c difference in temps.
thanks
you're making me confidant about my choice
smile.gif
smile.gif

I will probably get this card, I have always been a big fan of EVGA.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyBridge;14239040
Hello there ...
smile.gif

I'm building my new rig at newegg and I have chosen EVGA gtx 580.

What do you think?
It has good reviews though,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130587

Thank you
Judging by your name, I'm assuming you plan on buying a Sandy Bridge. If you buy it at Superbiiz and use the discount code, you'll save yourself $25. As far as the GTX580, also take a look around for deals on the 6970. I think you'd be happy with either and they're fairly close if you have pair 'em.

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by refeek;14239059

Temps aren't bad on the reference version and it's easier to find waterblocks for them if you ever want to watercool down the road compared to non-references.

I have 580 SLI and have yet to see temps above 82 when benching @ 900MHz.

As a single card it never peaked 67C. This is with a 1% fan/ 1*C fan profile.

Fan doesn't really get loud until over 75*C.

·
A title was here
4,144 Posts
From what I've seen I think a 1.5GB 580 is a sweet spot, granted $500 is quite a bit of money.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I went from an EVGA 8800GT to that very EVGA GTX 580. Reason I went with EVGA again is because of the lifetime warranty. I don't cycle though gpu cards as often as others.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Running EVGA 580's in SLI as well. I love them.

I went from GTX260's to these. Haven't overclocked them yet beyond what EVGA oc'd them to, but they've taken everything I've thrown at them and asked for more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts