Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.swiftnets.com/

Quote:

Signal Hill, CA â€" Wednesday 11th, October 2006 - Swiftechâ„¢ today announced the release of the GX2 spacer kit for nVidia® GeForceâ„¢ 7950GX2 dual-GPU boards. The kit is intended to enable off-the-shelf water-cooling solutions for this board. “The 7950GX2 features tightly spaced PCB’s which forces overclockers and silent-computing users to purchase expensive custom cooling systems for it. With this kit, enthusiast users now have access to a low-cost solution utilizing off-the-shelf high-performance & low-noise water-blocks such as Swiftech’s MCW60â€, said Gabriel Rouchon, Swiftech Chairman & CTA. While the kit precludes the use of Quad SLI configurations, the company feels that this solution will satisfy the vast majority of the target audience for this particular board.

The spacer kit is composed of a set of:
  • 3 Male-Female 4-40 standoffs
  • 1 Female-female pass-thru standoff
  • 1 Female-Female 4-40 standoff
  • 1 4-40 philips screw
  • 1 extended PCB.

·
Power Squid
9,609 Posts
Very interesting, I've been wondering if it's possible to install after market coolers on these cards. I'm sure I could do it now provided I can air coolers that would fit.

·
Banned
7,351 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishie36

Wow 3 slots now. Good luck with quad sli

Haha, quad SLI will fill up/block every single slot in your computer lmao.

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaWaxShop

Wouldnt work there is only two slots between the pci-e lanes

On some motherboards there is only two... but I've also seen three and one.

·
Banned
7,351 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaWaxShop

Wouldnt work there is only two slots between the pci-e lanes

That'll work, it will use the slot that its in plus the 2 slots in between. But.. where are you going to get that long of an SLI bridge
?

Also.. if you have a BT or anything its going to touch the top card..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts