Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://gizmodo.com/5663890/the-ultim...-camera-battle

Quote:

To make a fair comparison, we compared smartphone shots taken in a bevy of different lighting scenarios, including controlled and low lighting, and also tested flash capabilities. We didn't have all of these phones at exactly the same time, but we did make a concerted effort to control the lighting as much as possible.

You'll also notice that the size of some of the images appears different. We wanted to show you the native dimensions of the images these cameras take, and their respective dimensions as well.

Interesting comparisons, I don't use my camera all that often on my Behold, but it's fascinating to see how they all stack up to each other.

The article goes into great depth, so there should be enough meat in there for you investigative types.

Very fun

·
Registered
568 Posts
Wow did not see this one coming. Samsung epic trashed the competition. It makes the others look like well...cellphone pictures.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The Incredible did pretty darn good, but the flash on it is way too strong and IMO is what kills it in darker settings. Fortunately, It's a pretty simple fix and you just have to diffuse the light from the flash and I did it by sticking a thin sheet of paper between the rear cover and the LED lights.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
My Vibrant takes great pictures. I wonder if the Epic camera is the same as in the Vibrant since they are both galaxy S phones.

The article also reaffirms my thoughts that the Iphone4 does over saturate the colors.

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts
The Epic's photos look great!

I swear though... my iPhone takes better pictures than theirs lol.

These have been resized so some of the detail is gone.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
UGH!!!!!!!! at least take some landscape pics......none of these phones show their true potential in low light...take some bright sunny day outdoor landscape photos (instead of the crappy yellow robot crap) and ill bet the outcome is waaay different

not to mention taking a pic of a turd with any camera be it cell phone or $2000.00 DSLR its still a turd!! a blond turd at that!!!!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
iPhone 4 looks the most clear, but is very oversaturated. Out of all 6 phones and 3 pictures I would say also that the Samsung Epic is a winner. This coming from an iPhone 4 owner haha. But I still love my iPhone 4 though <3

No comment on the woman though

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drift0r
View Post

iPhone 4 looks the most clear, but is very oversaturated. Out of all 6 phones and 3 pictures I would say also that the Samsung Epic is a winner. This coming from an iPhone 4 owner haha. But I still love my iPhone 4 though <3

No comment on the woman though

Exact same opinion as me!

It makes you wonder if Apple purposely tuned the sensor to oversaturate because to the general populous, the photos often look more attractive and "vibrant".

Obviously to someone looking for exact color reproduction it's going to lose, but that is not the person Apple markets to.

·
Fan Man
1,291 Posts
This is what they call the "ultimate battle"?? Where are the very good Nokia N86, SE Satio, Samsung Pixon12 or the excellent Nokia N8???

·
15,777 Posts
Horrible phone cameras...
Why didn't they use any Carl Zeiss equiped Nokia cameras?

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecchi-BANZAII!!!
View Post

Are there any touchscreen smartphones that have those lenses?

·
Banned
2,038 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecchi-BANZAII!!!
View Post

Probably because they wanted to appeal to a larger market of people that actually have the phones tested. The Nokia is a horrendous phone overall compared to iPhone and Android phones. Don't take it so personally next time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts