Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
^^ It is not integrated, but there are clips that hold it on and the crappy TIM that Dell uses. Dell uses a thermal pad to transfer heat between the cpu and hs. This stock thermal pad is total crap. If the comp has been running for a while, then that stock pad has probably melted down and basically fused the cpu/heatsink together. Just get the comp nice and warm by running Prime 95 or something like that, then turn it off really quickly and the heatsink should be lose enough to pull off.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by steveo420

Nevermind thanks for setting that straight

Yes sir, no problem at all

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95

^^ It is not integrated, but there are clips that hold it on and the crappy TIM that Dell uses. Dell uses a thermal pad to transfer heat between the cpu and hs. This stock thermal pad is total crap. If the comp has been running for a while, then that stock pad has probably melted down and basically fused the cpu/heatsink together. Just get the comp nice and warm by running Prime 95 or something like that, then turn it off really quickly and the heatsink should be lose enough to pull off.

that sounds good, but i cant get the clips off lol. i had trouble with my amd h/s too. im relly new at the building process so maybe thats my problem?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts