Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

You guys just have to see the size of this massive heatpipe heatsink that was reviewed by the crew at Driver Heaven today. The cooler is called the Cool Idol from Titan and the damn thing is almost as big as the motherboard it is sitting on.

After installing the Cool Idol on our P5K-VM motherboard, we came to realize just how large this cooler is. The body of the cooler floats above the CPU area, covers the entire Northbridge chip and PWM and should also cover the DIMM slots on many motherboards.

Source

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Surprisingly, it only has 6 heatpipes....

·
Registered
968 Posts
That looks reallly reallllly realllly good for htpcs.

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spart
View Post

The angle and the fact it's a micro atx board make it look alot bigger than it really is.

thank you for saying that, i thought it was an atx board

·
Banned
2,241 Posts
I don't think that the testing was conducted in a completely fair way though, a Xigmatek S1283 was beaten by the stock cooler on idle.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
holy schnieza... i'd rather get a copper T.R.U.E lol.. never heard of Titan either.. are they any good?

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Torched-Geek
View Post

I don't think that the testing was conducted in a completely fair way though, a Xigmatek S1283 was beaten by the stock cooler on idle.

Yeah. I don't think they applied the TIM to the HDT-S1283 the correct way.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
performance doesn't seem as flattering as I thought it would be. It's also XBAWKS huge from what I'm seeing.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
How come almost nothing comes close to the TRUE still? It has been on top for far too long (A Lapped True at least. Or that craz Copper True
)

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SugarySnack
View Post

How come almost nothing comes close to the TRUE still? It has been on top for far too long (A Lapped True at least. Or that craz Copper True
)

Because most of these heatsinks cost a good $40-50 less than a TRUE.

The TRUE is only around for people who want to get the max oc out of quad cores. With any dual core processor an HDT-S1283 performs just as good as a TRUE.

·
!
17,294 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nathris View Post
Because most of these heatsinks cost a good $40-50 less than a TRUE.

The TRUE is only around for people who want to get the max oc out of quad cores. With any dual core processor an HDT-S1283 performs just as good as a TRUE.
I think you mean $20-30 less

A TRUE is $57

I'm sure most coolers aren't $7-17

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sLowEnd View Post
I think you mean $20-30 less

A TRUE is $57

I'm sure most coolers aren't $7-17
True doesn't come with a fan, so if you really want to compare it, most heatsinks STOMP the true

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by onlycodered
View Post

Yeah. I don't think they applied the TIM to the HDT-S1283 the correct way.

tim?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts