Overclock.net banner

H100 in Corsair 500r

911 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Cole S 
#1 ·
Ok, I have a question. I have my radiator mounted inside the case and the fans on top blowing into the case. I've read that this is best because the radiator isn't as hot as you would think and it's actually being cooled by the fans while blowing cool air into the case. Is this true? Is there a better setup? If wanted to do push/pull I know I'd need 2 more fans. What fans do people recommend that aren't terribly expensive? Thanks!

#2 ·
Yate loons seem pretty popular. Also, air flow direction does not really matter as long as it is still adequate. I would look at your case and path the best airflow without the radiator in mind, and then just add it into that path. Typically the top will be exhaust unless you have an inverted motherboard and a GPU that exhausts externally.

#3 ·
As the above poster said you mainly just want to make sure there is adequate airflow going through the rad not so much if it is intake or exhaust, although that can make some difference. However I would almost always say to make it exhaust if its on the top of the case. And also Yate Loons are probably going to be the best in the cheap fan category as they can be had at ~$6-8. They have many different speeds and ever ones with nice looking LED's. I used to have 2 blue LED high speed yate loons on my H50 and they worked well and looked great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.