Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Times flies
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting really tired of how loud the stock fans are on the H100, so I think its finally time to get rid of it and replace it with something else that is quieter.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
905 Posts
I have an H50 and I have two fans in a push/pull set-up. They aren't loud at all, because I have them connected to my mobo so that I can control their speed based on CPU temp. What fan headers are you using?

·
Times flies
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by croSSeduP View Post

I have an H50 and I have two fans in a push/pull set-up. They aren't loud at all, because I have them connected to my mobo so that I can control their speed based on CPU temp. What fan headers are you using?
I just put them through the H100's
Quote:
Originally Posted by dihartnell View Post

For quiet and performance Noctua nf-f12. Yes I know a bit ugly but the have good pressure and airflow and a very quiet and reliable bearing.

Alternatively Gelid Silent 12PWM
They are a bit pricey, especially for just 1, hmm..

How are the Gentle Typhoon AP-14/15 everyone is talking about? Are they good for the H100?

·
Registered
905 Posts
"I just put them through the H100's"

I'm sorry, but this doesn't make sense. What do you have your fan's electrical connections hooked to?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Quote:

I'm sorry, but this doesn't make sense. What do you have your fan's electrical connections hooked to?
Isn't it like the h100i where there is two fan headers to plug into for rpm control? Isn't that what he's talking about? From there I'd assume he's got it in CPU fan header.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Degree View Post

I just put them through the H100's
They are a bit pricey, especially for just 1, hmm..

How are the Gentle Typhoon AP-14/15 everyone is talking about? Are they good for the H100?
I have been using both Noctua NF-F12's and GT1450rpm fans. No doubt the Noctua's are better fans, but the GT's look way better, and are sure up there. Both keep my 2500K below 75C during prime, on 7v and are virtually silent. (i cannot hear them over the pump). For now, i stick with the Noctuas, as they are more silent when upping the fan speed.

EDIT: Gentle Typhoon AP-14 (the 1450rpm version) @ 950rpm will keep my CPU below 75C at all times.

·
Banned
274 Posts
CoolerMaster BLADEMASTERS
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9780/fan-619/Cooler_Master_Blade_Master_120mm_x_25mm_PWM_Fan_R4-BMBS-20PK-R0.html
they have more static pressure than mostly all fans and are overlooked by everybody for some odd reason.

or if you can, just return your H100 and you can buy a real XSPC water cooling kit that will outperform the h100 in a heartbeat.

trust me, i returned mine. to each is own, if you like your h100 i dont blame you its a easy setup. but in terms of paying $100 for it, its 100 wasted as where a XSPC kit is an investment in which you can expand your loop, add radiators, add blocks. the h100 will only be a cpu cooler and just that

·
Times flies
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

I meant the CPU control headers like PhantomTaco said, sorry I wasn't being specific

·
Banned
274 Posts
well you might as well get 4 of the best fans out there and spend 30-80$ on them

youre radiator on the prebuilt closed loop system will never be able to cool past a certain point due to surface area.

the push pull setup might chop off a few degrees but 4 intense fans vs the 2 that came with it really wont matter much

1 - 11 of 11 Posts