Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hooked up a H100i on my new pc build and notice I can not change the fan speed via the Corsair Link2 software.The 2 fans on the H100i are at full speed,one is at 2137 and the other is at 1782.Max or quiet,it stays at the same speed.The only thing I did was change the stock fans that came with the h100i to Corsair sp120 high performance edition fans 120mm 2350 rpm fans.The 2 fans are at 2137 and 1782 rpm in the link software.Are the SP120 Performance Edition fans controllable with the link software.Any suggestions appreciated.Thanks....

·
Old to Overclock.net
4,088 Posts
Did you plug the fans into the water block and connect the system's three cables (SATA for power, fans, and USB cable for the software) into their respective plugs?

I'm not too sure if the H80i can control non-PWM fans (or the other way around) which could also be the reason why you can't control it. Can you try to plug back in the old fans and see if it functions properly again? If it does and you plug in the new fans and still can't control it, then the H80i can't handle those fans because they aren't PWM fans (or the opposite - whatever the H80i can control in this case).

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything is plugged into the right connections.So,only PWM fans are controllable with the H100i software.Fans with 4 pins not 3.I also have 2 differant rpm speeds,is this normal.Should they not be both the same...

·
Old to Overclock.net
4,088 Posts
If the fans that came with the H80i has 4 pins then it's a PWM fan and it won't be able to control 3 pin fans at all since those are non-PWM.

As for the 2 fans not having the same RPM, try to run both freely, meaning not mounted at all and see what your BIOS says about their current RPM. If one of the fans still runs below the 10% (check the box of the fans if they stipulate a 5% or 10% error in fan speed) threshold of 2350 rpm (more or less around 2115 rpm or more) send it in for RMA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts