Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Avid Gamer
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I finished building my build a couple weeks ago and for the life of my I can't find my receipt for my h100i v2 so I'm not able to get a warranty on it I believe. So my question is should I spend $100 on another h100i v2 or not worry about it. It's either buy another one or get a new SSD which I really want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Avid Gamer
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm an idiot can someone move this to water cooling

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,218 Posts
First, what is your alternative cooler should you go for the SSD?

Second, should you be able to get a copy of your receipt from where you purchased it?

·
Premium Member
27,144 Posts
What ciarlatano said.

What would you use if you didn't buy another H100, (cough, choke, hack)?
Where did you buy it? There is usually a credit /debit card record, email receipt, etc. besides the hard copy that will usually work for warranty purposes.

Personally I don't use CLCs .. and I have access to them at very low price for testing and review purposes. A mid to upper level air cooler costs way less, lasts way longer, is quieter, will never leak, and only thing that can go wrong is fan which is easily replace and any fan will work until suitable replacement is in hand.

·
Computer Arsonist
2,620 Posts
Depending on what the problem is shoot an email at Corsair support, they may still be able to help.

·
Avid Gamer
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What ciarlatano said.

What would you use if you didn't buy another H100, (cough, choke, hack)?

Where did you buy it? There is usually a credit /debit card record, email receipt, etc. besides the hard copy that will usually work for warranty purposes.

Personally I don't use CLCs .. and I have access to them at very low price for testing and review purposes. A mid to upper level air cooler costs way less, lasts way longer, is quieter, will never leak, and only thing that can go wrong is fan which is easily replace and any fan will work until suitable replacement is in hand.

My current one isn't broken but it has problems in the past with the pump not working, I got it to work so it's pretty sketchy. I think I bought the unit with cash unfortunately. Was on sale at Best buy and I decided just to buy it with what I had I didn't think of warranty. I was thinking of going air but AIOs look so much better I know that's a dumb answer but that matters to me I know it shouldn't but it does. Maybe I can convince myself to get a good Air cooler I was searching for some recently actually.

·
Avid Gamer
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First, what is your alternative cooler should you go for the SSD?

Second, should you be able to get a copy of your receipt from where you purchased it?

My current one, it works but it sketchy pump died once but I got it to work. I'm just scared of leaks. I would get a 960 Evo I don't have a NVME SSD I have a sata it's a little old and I can tell the slow downs unfortunately so that's what I would get. I bought it at Best buy with cash I believe.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,218 Posts
Dead pump is a scary thing. Much more likely than a leak to be an issue. Have you tried contacting BB? I have gotten receipts from them a number of times. You shouldn't even need to go to the store. If you can get the H100 fixed, then you can spend the cash on the SSD and have both.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
If you can get the receipt from best buy then you're golden. If you can't, what chip do you have?

For example, a cryorig h7 is about 35 bucks and will cool anything short of a threadripper or lga 2066 chip. A cooler master hyper 212 evo is even cheaper (though I recommend you go for more heatsink). At those prices it makes sense to buy one and have it as a spare in case your AIO dies, and you can get your m2 drive as planned instead of buying a second AIO that you don't currently need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts