Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've been looking into these premodded cases with all the goodies as to be simple and have more of a plug and play setup thats ready to rock out of the box.

I've been looking at the new Koolance PC3 cases and then these H20 premodded Cheiftec cases. After reading a bit more about both the H20 case seems like it may dissipate more heat than the Koolance case.

Anyone have one of these H20 cases, if you do, how would you rate it among a custom water cooling setup?

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Unfortunately, there's no better option than a custom built kit because almost always the heat exchanger and blocks used in preassmbled units are sub-par, and they often use very small diameter tubing which restricts flow.

·
Banned
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy
Unfortunately, there's no better option than a custom built kit because almost always the heat exchanger and blocks used in preassmbled units are sub-par, and they often use very small diameter tubing which restricts flow.
Damn that's what I was hoping NOT to hear... I was hoping somone would say that the H20 kit was a fine case with a good array of custom components that would rival any good custom setup...

Guess I should start leaning towards new file server case and custom water setup eh?

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by *******
Damn that's what I was hoping NOT to hear... I was hoping somone would say that the H20 kit was a fine case with a good array of custom components that would rival any good custom setup...

Guess I should start leaning towards new file server case and custom water setup eh?
Yeah, your temps will be so much better with a custom setup. Not to mention upgradability when new blocks come out for your cpu/gpu.

You can also change your fans as you please, add shrouds, and you get that feeling of accomplishment when you finally get it working right

·
Banned
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400
Yeah, your temps will be so much better with a custom setup. Not to mention upgradability when new blocks come out for your cpu/gpu.

You can also change your fans as you please, add shrouds, and you get that feeling of accomplishment when you finally get it working right

Good lookin' out bro, I guess I'll piece together a system, prolly cost me about the same as one of the wc modded cases but in the long run the custom setup should cool far better!

·
Registered
120 Posts
wc cases are good for pre-cut fan holes, rad mount, hose routing, pump mounting, etc. but like ppl stated already, custom is better and will give you better sense of accomplishment

1 - 7 of 7 Posts