Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all..
ugh.. im very confused.

I bought a new case (Antec 902) and I decided that I'll try the H50.

I installed it accordingly to the Youtube video from them.. and i started up my PC.

I started it on STOCK 2.66ghz.. in BIOS the temperature said 31-32degrees.. when i loaded windows i launched REALTEMP at my surprise the temps, on stock, were 51 48 53 53 @ 2.66
I was a little upset.. so i decided to overclock it to what i usually have it at.. so i overclocked it to 3.0ghz and launched it again.. BIOS temp said 35 but in Real Temp it said 51 59 52 52 .... no that was a little surprising to me.. so i downlaod CPUID HW Monitor.. and it agrees with REALTEMP.

I now overclocked it to 3.2ghz.. in BIOS it says 38 but real temp says 51 47 52 52 (live right now).

Now my friend said.. "no dude water cooling just keeps it at that temp no matter how much you overclock it..."
so i overclocked it to 3.4 and the temps were the same.. (they were changing not like frozen.. but around the same area)

right now im back at 3.2 at 1.2 v
I left prime 95 on for 15 minutes.. MAX temps are 67 63 66 65

and one more question.. i have this:

While all the temps between 2.66 and 3.4 were the same the 1 2 3 4 cores.. this CPU changed..

at 2.66 the temp was 35 (while core 1,2,3,4 was 49-55)
at 3.00 the temp was 41 (while core 1,2,3,4 was still 49-55area)
at 3.20 the temp is 45 (while core 1,2,3,4 is still around the 49-55area)

is this normal at all ?

after seeing this guy's video of his 3.6 q9450 55-60 under load
37-41 idle...

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
The CPU temp is the temperature of the middle of the die or something which is what you will be reading in the BIOS. Its the core temps that matter most although those temps still seem high really. Did you apply too much TIM or didn't seat the block down completely?

You could also get another fan and set up a push/pull system on the radiator that will reduce temps slightly

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
hmm...???

i was gonna upgrade to one of these, but my current idle / load temps are much better with the cheap old AC7 PRO...

here's a quick pic of my idle temps..(@ 3.6ghz)

i load out at about 50c (Tcase)
LL

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
most C2Q 45nm cpu's sensors are screwed including my Q9450. 2 of sensors would never go below 37C but those idle seem high to me. Whats your Room temp?

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by redalert
View Post

most C2Q 45nm cpu's sensors are screwed including my Q9450. 2 of sensors would never go below 37C but those idle seem high to me. Whats your Room temp?

yeah..... core 3 on my chip is buggered too, it never drops below 46c

OP.... what ambient's do you have..??

whats your case config like (in regards to airflow)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickbunyun
View Post

well i did exactly like video..
what did you do fastsite? did you reseat it ? what TIM did you use?

also cm690.. i used what the h50 came with.. original stuff

i didnt do anything i figured oh well this cpu prob runs really hot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts