Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just got my H50 CPU cooler today and got it installed with a push and pull towards the inside of my case (just as Corsair suggested, but not the push-pull part) and it is located at the rear of my case. I also have a Thermaltake M9 case and I have one intake fan at the front and two exhaust fans at the side. I'm wondering if this setup allows air flow to be maximized or if any placement of the fans right now will be hindering air flow. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Try to keep the number of intake and outtake fans balanced where possible, and that's about the best you can do.

·
Premium Member
4,403 Posts
So if your looking at the side panel with the fans on it you have:

-->Case<--
.....V.V.....

Arrows are your fans and direction of air?

Most people have the H50 at the back of the case like you have it but in a push/pull intaking air from the case and exhausting out the back to maintain front to back airflow through the case. If you decided to go this route I would change the side fans to intakes and maybe get one more fan for top exhaust to help balance out the pressure more.

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrive
View Post

Hi guys, I just got my H50 CPU cooler today and got it installed with a push and pull towards the inside of my case (just as Corsair suggested, but not the push-pull part) and it is located at the rear of my case. I also have a Thermaltake M9 case and I have one intake fan at the front and two exhaust fans at the side. I'm wondering if this setup allows air flow to be maximized or if any placement of the fans right now will be hindering air flow. Thanks!

Welcome to the wonderful world of the H50

Some housekeeping first...

Can you pls complete your system specs via this page

http://www.overclock.net/specs.php?do=addsystem

You mention Push / pull. Are you using a p/p configuration or no?

Shadowclock's diagram seems to capture the situation well. Id suggest you

1) Stress your system with something like Linpark OCCT. That will give you (us) a good idea how effective you cooling solution is.

If it is less than optimal, you can always go exhaust, rather than intake and test that.

2) Can you send a pic of you system's inards... sometimes its easy to solve issues visually rather than trying to describe them in words

·
Premium Member
2,591 Posts
Quote:
I use Push Pull with 2 Ultra kraze 120x38 3000rpm With a Zalman Fan Control and this is what my temps look like
Excellent temps!

btw: Where did you get the side panel monitoring application on your desktop? Is it available in Win 7 Ultimate?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts