Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Says it comes with TIM applied on the corsair site, but I assume it's either poor quality or needs to be re-applied for the best performance. I'm going to use it on a qx6700 and I'd like it to be top notch. Plan on the push-pull fans as well.

·
more chroma!
3,565 Posts
I found that using the TIM it came with yielded just about the same results compared to when reapplied.

And it's not poor quality TIM either - good stuff comes stock on it!

• Rep+
Reactions: jjshabadoo

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Its good stuff that come stock with the H50. I kept it on an have no issues or anything.

I forget the name of it but Im sure another OCN member will recall.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yep using the stock TIM that comes with the H50 and it works great no problems with quality, I wonder where the Shin-etsu TIM is made?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked at another thread and saw that the stock TIM is good stuff. I have to start realizing that most questions will be answered if you just search around these forums.

Oh well, hopefully I'm starting to learn enough to actually start helping answer other people's questions in the near future. I'm addicted to building these things and I don't even play games or anything. The new rig I'm working on will be for a home media center though. My sig rig was for my dad.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
The stock thermal tape is Shin Etsu, and there is no need to do anything to it. Shin Etsu generally outperforms the cheaper MX3 and AS5, although it is all subjective.

Come and introduce yourself at the H50 thread with some nice pictures!

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie
View Post

Yep using the stock TIM that comes with the H50 and it works great no problems with quality, I wonder where the Shin-etsu TIM is made?

haha i used to work for shin-etsu. in the states they make silicon wafers i cleaned the machines that made the giant silicon "turds"

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by staryoshi
View Post

reused

¿like scraped it off with a knife?

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjshabadoo View Post

Oh well, hopefully I'm starting to learn enough to actually start helping answer other people's questions in the near future. I'm addicted to building these things and I don't even play games or anything. The new rig I'm working on will be for a home media center though. My sig rig was for my dad.
Get into folding, then you'll at least have an excuse..

·
Premium Member
8,426 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
¿like scraped it off with a knife?
Since it is applied liberally to the base of the H50, I simply smoothed the residule paste left on the i7 (to eliminate air-bubbles) when I returned the H50. They use lots of it, which the H50 likes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts