Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't had a Intel in about 8 yr's. From what I understand the OC mainly depends on chip and the chip runs cooler. I just ran Prime95 for 1 hr and high load temp was 51c ambient 80f. Is the H50 good enough to get me the max overclock? Been thinking about a XSPC RS240 but the maintenance kind of turns me of and I already have a H50. Mainly for gaming.

It's at stock right now but plan on OC soon.

·
Registered
739 Posts
It should be fine. Just add some High air flow fans to the H50, either pull/push i how i have mine. Works a treat. Just make sure you have at least one fan to suck the air out through the top of the case!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davista111;13076744
It should be fine. Just add some High air flow fans to the H50, either pull/push i how i have mine. Works a treat. Just make sure you have at least one fan to suck the air out through the top of the case!
Oh and decent thermal paste never hurt any body.
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Don't think you needed two threads for this.

Well, the max overclock depends on how far you want to push it. But they run pretty cool compared to their older brothers. As long as it doesn't go over 80c I'm good to go. So find out whether you can get an overclock you like within 80c and if you don't you can always upgrade to a better loop.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davista111;13076749
Oh and decent thermal paste never hurt any body.
smile.gif
The stock paste on the H50 is some of the best. Shin Etsu x23

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
My chip is running at 4.5Ghz and tops at 62C in prime95 so yea, you definitely can bring this chip up to 4.8 or higher with a H50 since 75C is where I would call "not recommended".
My ambient temp is the same as yours.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterFire;13076756
Don't think you needed two threads for this.

Well, the max overclock depends on how far you want to push it. But they run pretty cool compared to their older brothers. As long as it doesn't go over 80c I'm good to go. So find out whether you can get an overclock you like within 80c and if you don't you can always upgrade to a better loop.
Yea the board was really slow to respond didn't think it went first time. Will try to figure out how to delt the other. Sorry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts