Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just finished my h50 mod, and it looks pretty sweet.

my question is, before the mod my temps were sitting at around 35c idle, and now they're around 45.. any ideas?
whats the ideal way to reseat the cpu block? maybe i did that badly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
well i mean its possible your pump can't handle the restriction of the res and rad and the water isnt cooling as well. or it could be the thermal compound. your gunna wanna clean off your block and processor really well and put a small dot of TIM in the center and then a few dots in the 4 corners. less TIM is usually better

·
Banned
1,335 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spectre023 View Post
just replaced the tubing, added a swiftech 240 rad, and put in a danger den res.
Thats probably why.
The tubing is too long. requires the pump to work harder and produce more heat thus higher temps.

·
Registered
459 Posts
The pump maybe struggling with that 240 rad. I've heard some people mod and add a 240 and it killed the pump. Unless further evaluation anything is possible. I would reset the block and see what happens.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm.. it seems to be flowing pretty well.. i used a bowl and timed how long it took to fill with both setups, and the times were almost identical.. i have a feeling its the tim.. i'm using shin etsu, so i know its good, but i probably put way too much

·
Registered
459 Posts
Quote:

hmm.. it seems to be flowing pretty well.. i used a bowl and timed how long it took to fill with both setups, and the times were almost identical.. i have a feeling its the tim.. i'm using shin etsu, so i know its good, but i probably put way too much

Have you tried shortening the cables or is that not feasible for your case?

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
You cant have the tubing longer than what the manufacture put on it. Let alone adding a rad to it will add stress to the pump.

The h50 was designed to be compact and it works. Modifying it can hurt the performance.

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
You should add a new pump and a nice CPU block.....

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by rpm666 View Post

haha thats what i'm gonna do.. i'm in college and on a budget.. so i did the sensible thing.. start with something ok.. and upgrade piece by piece

sorry for the double post

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Quote:

temps just dropped 5c after bleeding the tubing again... i guess i didnt have all the air out.. not to reseat the block
That's what I was about to say, but I guess you figured it out. After I FINALLY got the thing bled completely, my temps dropped 6-8c from stock
I also have longer tubing than factory

·
Premium Member
2,794 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rpm666 View Post

I guess that is the nice way of saying you shouldnt of even bought the h50 in the first place and just went custom water cooling right away lol

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by arbalest View Post
That's what I was about to say, but I guess you figured it out. After I FINALLY got the thing bled completely, my temps dropped 6-8c from stock
I also have longer tubing than factory

after letting the fans cool the rad temps are now down to 35 again.. so i'm sitting at stock right now on a 4ghz overclock

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aawa View Post
I guess that is the nice way of saying you shouldnt of even bought the h50 in the first place and just went custom water cooling right away lol
lol at first i didnt think i'd be interested in oc'ing and modding.. but the bug hit me. and besides, thats all that my budget allowed at the beginning... down to the last penny

·
Registered
335 Posts
just modded mine today. shortening the tubing helps, and bleeding this thing is a bItC*, but i dropped 10 degrees. try the stock radiator and then see if that is the issue.. here are my pics

1 - 20 of 40 Posts