Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this same H50 for about 4 years now. No leaks, no too load, running the pump at full the entire time I have had it. Originally used whit a Q6600 when they first came out. Now I have a 2500k @ 4.6 Ghz with 1.35-1.37v. CPUID says it jumps around.

My idle temps are between 20C and 38 for all the individual cores at once. Is that weird? This is with HWmonitor. My gaming temps around 50-60C but when I stress it with intel burn test it goes up to 79-81 before it fails. I just replaced the TIM thinking that would help and it has.

My H50 is in a push-pull config as an exhaust out of the rear of my 810 Switch. I don't know or talk to anyone else that has an H50, so my question is are these normal temps? The fans are the stock fan and a nzxt fan from my old zero case so each are around 50-60 cfm. I do feel the air coming out but its always cold even when stressing it. Would higher cfm fans help? The air comes out cold anyways.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
The air should be warm, thats for sure. Im using an H60 on my i7 and the air is very warm. These 120mm radiator coolers are not really optimal for heavy overclocking. Youre running pretty high voltage as well so youre going to see even more heat.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats point I'm concerned about. I should feel the warmth. My mobo shows the rpm for the pump. ITs not loud so is it possible that there is less water in there now after 4~ years of use? Could the blade be broken without making a noise during normal use? I feel its a stupid question but I dont have much experience with water cooling so any intelligent input would be great.

P.S. I'm working on a stable overclock with lower voltage.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I think if you were low on water your temps would be higher than that. You could contact Corsair and see what theyve got to say, but unless you have had a leak you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I think that's the H50 limiting you. Nowadays there is much better stuff available. I'm in the same boat as you. As soon as Haswell comes out I gotta retire my H50 too
mad.gif
The temps look normal for a H50 it's not really that strong.
After over 3 happy years on my H50 with push/pull setup im considering upgrading, but I am looking for better cooling and less noise.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Ive been thinking about ordering one of Swiftechs new coolers. Corsair's high end coolers are ridiculously loud on high and dont cool much better than my H60 on balanced and silent speeds.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is better out there. I was thinking I could get a full water cool loop for my 2500k and 470 SLI in the long run. Im in collage so I cant spend like I used too, hence the 470 SLI, Still great performance.

Would my temps drop at all if I get higher cfm fans for the push pull? The air coming out is cold as it is. I do clean the rad regularly.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Different fans would probably make a difference but its probably only going to be a couple degrees. The NZXT fan you installed is most likely not suited for use on a radiator. The pressure of the air from the fans is important on a radiator and case fans generally have very low pressure because they dont need high pressure to push air through a case. The extra pressure helps the fan force the air through the radiator fins though. The difference is just in how the fan blade is designed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts