Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I overclocked my i7 to 3.36ghz the other day and after running Prime95 for about 40 mins was getting temps of about 75 Celsius. That seemed a bot hot to me?

At the moment it is running one fan pulling air through the rad. The fan is plugged into the motherboard and the pump directly into the PSU

I'm thinking I should set up push-pull on the rad before I take my processor any higher but wasn't sure where to plug the fans in. Do they both have to go from the same header with a splitter so they always run at the same speed?

Sorry these are noob questions lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should I re-seat my cooler?

I did the over clock in the BIOS and it's still at standard volts.

Is the thermal compont that comes with the H50 good or should I replace it?

·
The Computer Guy
6,484 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Draniage View Post
Should I re-seat my cooler?

I did the over clock in the BIOS and it's still at standard volts.

Is the thermal compont that comes with the H50 good or should I replace it?

it would be better to use a better TIM,i use AS5,works fine for me

·
Registered
222 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Draniage View Post
That's still the stock voltage

I'm glad you said that, thought I was being stupid lol
try to reapply the thermal paste. and i had better results with the pump cables pointing up.

maybe it was a coincidence or something but i got better results.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

just rotate it on the socket so that the corsair logo is upside down.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So do I take off all the thermal compound that is already on there and apply some new stuff?

My cables are pointing up, the rad is higher than the pump though because that's the only place I can mount it in my case

It's currently mounted on the back exhaust of the case, could that be another reason?

There is loads of air flow through the case because I have 2x200mm (side intake and top exhaust) and 2x120mm ones (front intake and back exhaust attached to the rad

I could turn the fan round so it's an intake but then there would only be one exhaust

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
dont replace the thermal compound, the stuff that comes on it is Hsin etsu, which is one of the best thermal compounds on the market... try tightening the screws more, dont worry you wont hurt the processor... and make sure you have 2 fans on the radiator as an intake pull fresh air from the out side of the case through the radiator...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So if I set that as an intake should I make the 200mm side fan an exhaust? Otherwise the only exhaust is the 200mm top fan.

Also when setting up push/pull do both fans need to be put on the same mother board header so they go at the same speed?

I have a spare 120 mm fan which I think I'm going to put at the bottom of the case as another intake

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
forgot to say, the blue ones are intakes and the red ones are exhausts, i know its a bad drawing lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts