1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,303 Posts
Likely not.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Well the cable management isn't too bad so I don't imagine tiding up that will improve your airflow a whole lot. But honestly you probably won't see that big of a difference.

EDIT: Nevermind new pic. Btw, I would suggest setting up a push/pull with some scythes before getting a whole new heatsink.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
No, and its Thermaltake so it would probably leak.

And do you have a build log for your H50 mod? It looks awesome!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just did the mod today , and my PSU fried well doing it, thus the reason i have no cable managment. i did drop 10 dregrees with mod, but i want to get to 4.5ghz.. lol... just wanted to know the cheapest way to get more cooling. should just ditch the H50 and go all the way watercooling, or would a 240mm radiator help me?

and about fans, i have a delta 240cfm kicking around, and it didnt make temps drop more than a couple degrees, so with the stock H50 radiator, i dont think fans make a huge difference

·
Eh, Wha?
9,951 Posts
may I ask what compelled you to add a res and dyed coolant to your h50? That coolant isnt doing anything other than lowering the thermal properties of your loop and the res is just adding more resistance when H50 motors are weaksause to begin with.

A better idea in theory would be to toss a better fan onto the radiator, but I imagine it wouldnt help incredibly much with all the other issues due to using a prebuilt closed loop system as a custom WC loop :/

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero4549 View Post
may I ask what compelled you to add a res and dyed coolant to your h50? That coolant isnt doing anything other than lowering the thermal properties of your loop and the res is just adding more resistance when H50 motors are weaksause to begin with.

A better idea in theory would be to toss a better fan onto the radiator, but I imagine it wouldnt help incredibly much with all the other issues due to using a prebuilt closed loop system as a custom WC loop :/
the res and tubing cost me under 30, and i bought the h50 for 49.99. and at 4.3ghz i hit 45 in prime. im just a cheap guy at the moment. if i had like 300 extra, i would do a custom water loop, but adding a res does creat more water for the block to heat up, and it doesnt create that much of a resistance that the small pump in the H50 is struggling much more than it was before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts