Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
8,152 Posts
Stock compound is Shin-Etsu and better than AS5.

If you had a bad mount, you might get better performance compared to now, but all else being equal Shin-Etsu performs better than AS5.

· Premium Member
8,152 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ***estar
View Post

I'm extremly happy with the H50. Its soooo quite. I dont think I can Get my temps high enough to make it really loud, but so far I can barely hear it at all. I load 46c core temp at 100 percent load and 56c socet temp at my current speed.

With the bugged thermal sensors Thubans have, your temps really aren't that great.

I was very underwhelmed I had and sold my H50 for real water. 125-130W CPUs plus Corsair Hydro=unremarkable temps, IMHO. Though things are better now that prices have dropped to more reasonable levels given the performance.

· Premium Member
8,152 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xristo
View Post

* Screw down the pump as tight as you can , dont strip the screws though . It helps make good contact with your cpu .

I would *strongly* advise against this. You will warp your motherboard. Any waterbolock does not need to be that tight. Past just snug, all you're doing is distorting the plane of the motherboard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.