Overclock.net banner

H50 (stock thermal paste vs A.Silver5)

1051 Views 16 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Xristo
Picked my up a H50a few days ago. First day I wasn't impressed at all. Once things got settled, i started to see my temps drop. I bought Arctic Silver 5 for my A70 not my H50. I just folded overnight for about 9 hours and cmae down to see my temps stayed at 54-59c the entire night.

Question: Will it be worth switching to Arctic Silver 5. Has anyone switched from stock H50 paste to this and seen a difference.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt know that. thought if came with the same garbage I sued with my A70. Although the cooler worked pretty well.

· Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ***estar
View Post

What he Said.

Was ur H50 in Push/pull? That made a 9C difference for me.

I have the stock fan and a enermax fan pushing air out.

But with one fan only, the temps were average.

Yeah that also helped. H50 came with a crap 1200-1300 rpm fan. Once I changed that out and added in the 2000rpm fans that came with the A70. I immediately noticed a difference. P/P

· Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
stock fan(single 1300rpm) not real load. Once you add in 2000rpm's its noticeable. Its not ridiculous. But I had those fans on my A70 so I was use to the sound. The loader the cooler right ? lol its not that load

· Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skripka
View Post

I would *strongly* advise against this. You will warp your motherboard. Any waterbolock does not need to be that tight. Past just snug, all you're doing is distorting the plane of the motherboard.

Its already installed anyway. I know not to screw down anything (as tight as I can) to the mobo. Not sure if that guy is serious or what. Even about sanding down the block.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.