Overclock.net banner

H50 (stock thermal paste vs A.Silver5)

1051 Views 16 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Xristo
Picked my up a H50a few days ago. First day I wasn't impressed at all. Once things got settled, i started to see my temps drop. I bought Arctic Silver 5 for my A70 not my H50. I just folded overnight for about 9 hours and cmae down to see my temps stayed at 54-59c the entire night.

Question: Will it be worth switching to Arctic Silver 5. Has anyone switched from stock H50 paste to this and seen a difference.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
492 Posts
I am happy to see this topic this morning as I am currently considering the purchase of a Corsair H50. My goal is to reduce my load temps on my Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz. How loud would you say the H50 is in a push/pull setup? Are you overall impressed with the product?

· Registered
492 Posts
Man you guys have me itching to replace my horrible Zalman CNPS9700 NT. I see max load temps of 60-65C and even 70C when running processor intensive applications like BFBC2 @ 3.6Ghz.

The fan on this thing is so loud I am not even sure how I have put up with it for this long.

CtrlAltElite mentioned in another thread that the Corsair H50 is retailing on sale for $39.99 at Bestbuy. I thought I would share that information in this thread too. I am pretty convinced I will be heading to Bestbuy in a couple hours to slap this bad boy in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.