Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Overclocking my Toaster
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had bad experiences with bad temps out of H50's on my i5 2500k is the H60 any improvement? I noticed it's a square base so no rotation needed to get it into place. The reason I ask is it's roughly 20 bucks more than the H50 after the H50's rebate (if it works and I use the MIR that is only 7 bucks more without MIR)

·
notNOTmbudden
14,432 Posts
Why not just get a quality air cooler and not spend your money on rubbish like the H50/60/70?

·
Banned
3,105 Posts
Like mbudden said, I'd invest in a good air cooler. But if space in your case is limited, and the H series of coolers are the only coolers you can fit in your case, I don't think you should go to the H60. It cools at most a few degrees more than the H50, which definitely is the best bang for the buck here.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
What's the difference between that and the H50? Bigger Rad?

·
Banned
3,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phazer11;13078340
I was originally planning on a Silver Arrow which was the same price after shipping.
The Silver Arrow is actually the best air cooler on the market, if I'm not mistaken. That would be a great choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIpha;13078346
Bigger rad and a better waterblock/pump.

·
Overclocking my Toaster
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIpha;13078346
I think the fan might be different. But the mounting system is different. It uses a more normal mounting system square as opposed to round. Square plate and all no twisting require like on the H50.

Only problem is I don't know about the site the Silver Arrow would be coming from Directron?

The H50 was only looking tempting for the 60 bucks after rebate and free shipping I guess.

·
Premium Member
20,338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbudden;13078263
Why not just get a quality air cooler and not spend your money on rubbish like the H50/60/70?
?

I paid $70 for an H70 (and had upgraded from a lapped push-pull TRUE). Not only does it put much less stress on your motherboard but it also provides very decent temps. I'm running at 4.5ghz and top out at 58-59C across the cores with prime. My TRUE + extra bracket clips plus two decent fans cost me more and gave roughly the same temps.

I also have an H50 in my media pc (went from a Thermalright Ultima 90i). Got it for $52 after rebate. Not only does it provide better temps than the old air cooler (and the Ultima 90i is no slouch) but by using PWM fans, it actually is quieter.

I don't think they are rubbish at all. Overpriced if there aren't rebates running but when they are on sale, they are a good option.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robilar;13078632
?

I paid $70 for an H70 (and had upgraded from a lapped push-pull TRUE). Not only does it put much less stress on your motherboard but it also provides very decent temps. I'm running at 4.5ghz and top out at 58-59C across the cores with prime. My TRUE + extra bracket clips plus two decent fans cost me more and gave roughly the same temps.

I also have an H50 in my media pc (went from a Thermalright Ultima 90i). Got it for $52 after rebate. Not only does it provide better temps than the old air cooler (and the Ultima 90i is no slouch) but by using PWM fans, it actually is quieter.

I don't think they are rubbish at all. Overpriced if there aren't rebates running but when they are on sale, they are a good option.
That's good to hear. I always hear horrible things about this cooler...(Mainly just people with an actual water-cooling setup.) But this isn't as much as a quality water-cooling setup. I've been looking into it for when I go for my upgrade. If it was an improvement/equal to the TRUE. Maybe it would be an improvement to the Dark Knight I'm currently using.

·
Premium Member
20,338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIpha;13078677
That's good to hear. I always hear horrible things about this cooler...(Mainly just people with an actual water-cooling setup.) But this isn't as much as a quality water-cooling setup. I've been looking into it for when I go for my upgrade. If it was an improvement/equal to the TRUE. Maybe it would be an improvement to the Dark Knight I'm currently using.
I went directly from a TRUE on my sig rig to the H70 (and I still have stock fans on it, no sign of AP-15's anywhere).

Idle temps improved (not really relevant) as did load temps on the average of 2-3C.

Incidently, I had a pair of Scythe Ultra Kaze 3K's on my TRUE...

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robilar;13078714
I went directly from a TRUE on my sig rig to the H70 (and I still have stock fans on it, no sign of AP-15's anywhere).

Idle temps improved (not really relevant) as did load temps on the average of 2-3C.

Very happy to hear. I've been wanting to try the H50. I'd +rep you if I could. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robilar;13078714

+1
get a extra fan run push pull!
Have my H-70 exhausting

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbudden;13078263
Hmmmm rubbish??

My H-70 produces good temps with a 4.0ghz ocerclock?
1. easy install
2. looks great
2. eclosed system.
4. great temps

Oh my god i better rush out and buy a air cooler that might produce a few degrees better !!!!!

·
Overclocking my Toaster
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by phazer11;13078600
So bottom line H50 with round mount and sink and twist lock for 61 bucks after MIR or H60 with square sink and mount for 80 after shipping?
I'd think the H60 would eliminate many incorrect installations?
Someone give me a straight out answer please?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phazer11;13078835
Someone give me a straight out answer please?
H-60 Has a new micro-channel cold plate and a split-flow designed manifold, the H60 also features an all-new fan, custom designed to offer enhanced static pressure, which means better cooling.

H70 Has A low profile pump and improved cold plate allow for even easier mounting. A higher-performance radiator that comes with twin high-performance 120mm fans, optimized for a push-pull configuration.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts