Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, first post here even though I knew this website long ago, so nice to meet you all

I am considering an H70 cooler to replace my Noctua NH-U12P SE2. I have an Antec P183 case and I wonder if the whole thing will fit in there. I searched the forum and couldn't find an answer so if someone would be kind enough to help me out with this, it would definitely be much appreciated

Thank you guys!

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Yes. I don't know about getting the push-pull inside the computer, you might have to mount one fan externally.

To do so just mount the H70 to the rear exhaust fan and have the one fan blowing out, then mount a fan outside the case over the rear exhaust pulling air out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello charliehorse, thank you for your answer. This half external - half internal mounting thing might not be a bad idea. I've never mounted anything outside a case so it's a premiere for me! Is it easy to keep the whole thing clean? Also, I know the H50 is not as good as the H70 but the cooler would be inside the case. Is the H70 worth the trouble of mounting it half inside and outside? I'm sorry if I ask such questions, I am relatively new to PC building and OCing and I don't like to waste money

·
Village Idiot
2,394 Posts
I saw someone in the Performance One gallery thread with an H50 mounted to their intake fan. That should work with the H70 as well. Mounting a fan externally as exhaust would also work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts