Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an HAF 922 case stocked full of ventilation. I was thinking about getting the Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler for my FX-4100 chip. The only thing I see that might become an issue is spacing with the 200mm side panel fan, and not being able to access one of the RAM slots on my TA990FXE mobo. What do you guys think? I'd like to get an aftermarket CPU cooler, and also keep that side panel fan to help cool my GPU (GTX 295).

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I can't give you any exact measurements, but I don't see why it wouldn't. The HAF 922 is not a small case by any means. I have a Storm Scout which is probably smaller on the inside, and my 212+ fits just fine.

RAM slot clearance is always something to watch out for...can't really give you any advice on that specific board.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by kz26 View Post

I can't give you any exact measurements, but I don't see why it wouldn't. The HAF 922 is not a small case by any means. I have a Storm Scout which is probably smaller on the inside, and my 212+ fits just fine.
RAM slot clearance is always something to watch out for...can't really give you any advice on that specific board.
I would think it would be designed for such coolers and all, but with that side panel 200mm fan, just by eyeballing it, it looks close. The 212 EVO measures to about 6inches tall I believe. I am clueless!

·
Registered
981 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboy623 View Post

Yes, I had the stock fan setup
Well the stock setup didn't include a 200m fan on the side. But maybe yours did. So it should fit then huh?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelynar View Post

I have 2 120mm noctua side fans with a nhd-14 in my 922, so i would imagine it would fit
That nhd-14 looks wider than it is long. The hyper 212 evo looks to be quite a bit taller than the nhd-14, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
981 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
i think it would be tight...but it would fit. Also, the hyper 212 fan will cover dimm slot 1. i was lucky enough to have GSKILL ram that does not have larger heatsinks. even with the shorter heatsinks on the gskill ram, i still had to put the hyper 212 fan slightly off center so its not wedged righton top of my RAM

note...the newegg install video for the 212 uses an old style clip for mounting the fan on the heat sink....my 212 does not use this type of clip. Instead it has a built on plastic clip thats is built as part of the fan....this actually allows you to mount the fan slightly to the left or right because of thsi design. ludos to coolermaster for this otherwise people would be screwed with the ram heatsinks

take a look at this pic and you will see the black clips that are part of this fan...also notice how close it is to the ram stick. Believe it or not but their is actually a small gap between the fan and the ram stick
IMG_1994.jpg
here is a more angled view so you can judge space if you have a sidefan added on
IMG_1991.jpg

i have the 212..not the EVO...but the size is the same. if you decide to put in the sidefan with the 212 be sure and let me know if it fit ok. I think you will be fine but i would like to know for future reference

·
Registered
981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard46 View Post

i think it would be tight...but it would fit. Also, the hyper 212 fan will cover dimm slot 1. i was lucky enough to have GSKILL ram that does not have larger heatsinks. even with the shorter heatsinks on the gskill ram, i still had to put the hyper 212 fan slightly off center so its not wedged righton top of my RAM
note...the newegg install video for the 212 uses an old style clip for mounting the fan on the heat sink....my 212 does not use this type of clip. Instead it has a built on plastic clip thats is built as part of the fan....this actually allows you to mount the fan slightly to the left or right because of thsi design. ludos to coolermaster for this otherwise people would be screwed with the ram heatsinks
take a look at this pic and you will see the black clips that are part of this fan...also notice how close it is to the ram stick. Believe it or not but their is actually a small gap between the fan and the ram stick
IMG_1994.jpg
here is a more angled view so you can judge space if you have a sidefan added on
IMG_1991.jpg
i have the 212..not the EVO...but the size is the same. if you decide to put in the sidefan with the 212 be sure and let me know if it fit ok. I think you will be fine but i would like to know for future reference
Hi,

I said in my last post that the 212 fits perfectly fine with a 200mm fan...

·
Turd Burglar
2,148 Posts
Heck not only will that fit but a Thermalright spitfire with a 120mm fan on it will fit with 4mm to spare
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard46 View Post

IMG_1994.jpg
IMG_1991.jpg
Interesting, thanks. I have the Patriot G2 Series RAM, they are pretty dang small, with no heatsink, wonder if that will help me with this setup.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Yes, it'll fit.

I have my secondary rig with one and a CM V8 w/ two sickle flows and it fits fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts