Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Are you kidding me? Those two reviews are VERY informative and well done. Just because it's a trend on youtube right now to make fun of a middle aged techy trying his best to inform the public about products does not mean you have to jump on the band wagon. Pay no attention to the guy above me, these reviews are spot on.

·
Registered
68 Posts
the scout wont fit anything bigger than a GTX260 which means 5870 is out, 6950 and 6970 are out too. HAF922 will fit all those.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PulkPull;11948577
Are you kidding me? Those two reviews are VERY informative and well done. Just because it's a trend on youtube right now to make fun of a middle aged techy trying his best to inform the public about products does not mean you have to jump on the band wagon. Pay no attention to the guy above me, these reviews are spot on.
I agree. His reviews really aren't that bad, it just sounds like he's reading a script at times. And the motherboard tray is not removable. I mean uhh..

As for the OP:
I haven't had a scout yet, so I can't really give my opinions on it except from what I've seen.

I've owned a HAF922 and it was an alright case. Plenty of room on the inside, however I wish it had a black interior. The 200mm fans are nice if you want high air flow and low dba. The large interior makes it easier for water cooling, and also I like the cable management holes at the top of the motherboard try for the 8 pin connector.

I do enjoy how the Scout comes with a carrying handle, and it's a real handle too, not just some plastic one attached to the case. It's made of steel (from what I've heard) and can withstand up to 70 pounds of weight. I do enjoy the black interior and the 140mm fans (except on the back and side panel). The tool less drive bay adapters seem to be pretty good too, I've heard nothing but good things in comparison. I really can't find anything wrong with the case except that it seems that all mid-tower cases are getting larger and larger.

At least the Scout has a handle
smile.gif

·
RTX Sight Unseen
2,373 Posts
Haf 922 is not great for cable management, but does have great airflow, especially if you put a 200mm fan on the side panel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts