Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a HAF 932 and am having some pretty bad heat issues.

I have my rads mounted on the top and bottom of the case drawing air in, the back fan drawing air in the side fan drawing in, and the front pulling out. Since ive moved into this case my temps on everything have shot up. Whats going on

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
I would guess too much intake. With only the front exhausting everything is baking in your case, even if you have water cooling heat is generated and needs to be removed from the case asap.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Well you want your fans on the Radiator to push air out, not pull in. When you pull the air in through the rad the air is going to be hotter because your cooling the water. You fan in the front should pull air in, and the rear and side should be exhaust.

·
Registered
333 Posts
i have my front fan pulling in over my hard drives and i took my 120 exhaust and set it on my video card blwing at my NB and mostfet. everything stays under 45 at load. my gtx 480 is mounted on the top of my case on side though so it would probably do great if you move your rad outside your case.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I have front/side pulling in, and my rear fan going out, with double rad blowing out through the top... No heat issues at all on mine, either. You should definitely redo the fans.

I'd start with the top fans set to blow out since heat rises, and go from there as need be.

Besides, those ATI cards run hotter, I hear, and I know 940's run hotter (generally) than the 9950 did. What's awesome about this is that once you get the temps down, your OC will go up. These 940's LOVE being cool.

Good Luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts