Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to choose between these 2 cases.
Major factor is performance on terms of keeping everything cool.
Close 2nd is fitting all my compenents well and giving me options for how I want air flow to be setup. Airflow will probably revolve around the h50/h70.

The haf 932 is the same price at micro center as the sniper. Except the 932 will end up costing me $60 more because I need dustfilters. Going to get the demci flex 932 kit. So is the 932 worth the extra $60 over the cm sniper?

Setup ATM is :

asus p6x58d-e -motherboard
intel i7 930-CPU
asus radeon 5850 directcu top -gpu
corsair dominator 6gb ddr3 1600mhz cl8
corsair hx 850-psu
corsair h50 or h70- CPU cooler

·
Premium Member
5,295 Posts
If I were to get the 932, I would cut down the $60 by DIY some filters myself.

If the demci flex filter kit has to be had, I would rather get the Sniper which is an excellent case and certainly has enough good airflow to cool your stated rig, particularly you will be using H50/H70.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The other reason I liked the 932 is because I can mount the h50 and maybe the h70 in the far top right roof and still keep the top 200mm fan on the roof and the side panel 200mm fan.

In the sniper I can't mount it on the far top right roof spot that I can in the 932 (if I'm wrong please tell me). And I will have to mount it at the rear which means I have to move the 200mm side fan to the right if I use the h70.

·
Banned
5,028 Posts
you got to HAF the HAF

make sure its the 932 black tho. the black interior looks great!!!
CM690II advanced and NZXT phantom are good options too.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No 200mm fans on the 690 2, I think 200Mm fans move a decent amount of air with low noise. I don't want to get off topic, but that's why I didn't like it. The phantom which I love can't fit the h50/h70 in the rear fan slot with the left top 200mm fan or the 200mm side fan. And I definitely don't think I can put the h50/h70 in the top. A lot of air CPU coolers can't fit with a 200mm side fan either.

I really wish the 932 had a black interior because it has a little window. But the one that has the black interior comes with the all window side panel which means I lose the 200mm side fan and the 4 120mm side fan option..

If there is a way thAt I can have a black interior with the standard side panel please let me know. I won't be willing to paint it myself.

The haf x is just too much for me and too big and even more unecessary for me than the 932.

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
14,431 Posts
Multiple low noise 120mm fans are much more effective than those crappy 200mm fans. They don't move much air, especially the non Storm Force ones. If you want low noise and lots of airflow, use some low speed Scythe GentleTyphoon 120mm fans, Scythe S-Flex/Thermalright FDB 120mm fans or Yate Loon low speed fans.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts