Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I'm bored so I decided that I'm going to give the inside of my HAF932 a paint job. I'm thinking one coat of primer and 2-3 coats of matte black with some fine grit sanding between coats for a nice smooth surface
.

Figured this isn't much of a project to post in the Work Log section so I'll be posting here with some pics and results.
I'll be updating this as I go from my laptop.
Hopefully I can get this done within like 2-3 days.
And here is what my tonka truck looks like now
:
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: aznricer112

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by mnorris12706
View Post

Good luck! I just finished putting mine back together after painting. No pictures unfortunately (too much in a rush to get everything back together to check out my 5850 CrossFire set up
)

I went with 2 coats of primer and 7 of matte black. Very nice.

Oooo that sounds sexy, you better upload soon I want to see this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hawt! Very nice paint job man but I have one little nit pic....CABLE MANAGEMENT!!!

Otherwise looks like a very smooth paint job
.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys I want to paint the metal grilles red, but I can't figure out how to take off the ones on the side thingies.

Pics Below:
LL
LL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,195 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by cs_maan
View Post

Hey guys I want to paint the metal grilles red, but I can't figure out how to take off the ones on the side thingies.

Pics Below:

I popped mine out (on the side it should bend apart .. top and bottom)

There are little plastic nail looking things in it though which you WON'T be able to get around.. I ended up popping them off when I pulled it out.

I had to super glue one side in for it to stay but the other side still locked in tight when I put everything back together.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: cs_maan

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info +1.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,195 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by cs_maan
View Post

Thanks for the info +1.


Not a problem, if you haven't taken off the 5.25" bays heres a tip:

Take a flat headed screwdriver and push DOWN in the middle, they will be an ABSOLUTE pain to take off... Took me so long to get off and back on.

Before you do it put the case in a giant trash bag because 2 springs, a gear, and a mounting plate type of thing will go flying 20ft in each direction.

Putting them back on is 3x as hard as taking them off.. that one is just absolute force. Make sure the paint on that bay specifically is BONE DRY or it will get scratched... You'll really have to work each one in hard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I got those puppies off pretty easily with a flat head screw driver but, putting them back on will be something short of a miracle lol. And I popped those thingies off without any damage, hopefully they go back on just as easy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,195 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by cs_maan
View Post

Yeah I got those puppies off pretty easily with a flat head screw driver but, putting them back on will be something short of a miracle lol. And I popped those thingies off without any damage, hopefully they go back on just as easy.

Yeahhhh

Look closely on the top left side of the bottom locking mechanism.

I learned the hard way

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Skillzero
View Post

Yeahhhh

Look closely on the top left side of the bottom locking mechanism.

I learned the hard way


Ouch man, now I'm scared lol, but even if I scratch it, I'll just drip some paint over it and it should turn out fine. You should try that too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,195 Posts
I did, thats how it turned out.

I MIGHT be painting those mechanisms so if I ever end up taking them off again I'll sand it down and paint that again as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Skillzero
View Post

I did, thats how it turned out.

I MIGHT be painting those mechanisms so if I ever end up taking them off again I'll sand it down and paint that again as well.

Oh I see now, well at least that part of the case is covered up by the door haha.

Do you also by any chance know how to take the damn window off, I'm afraid of breaking those plastic clips?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,195 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by cs_maan
View Post

Oh I see now, well at least that part of the case is covered up by the door haha.

Do you also by any chance know how to take the damn window off, I'm afraid of breaking those plastic clips?

I couldn't figure out.. just covered it with 2-3 layers of painters tape and it worked fine.

Those plastic clips are apparently rivets someone said.. not really sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Alright I'll do that too then, blah, now to go sand and stuff, I took a picture of everything I took apart on my desk lol.

Here's the guts, that's about only half of what I took out haha. Lots of other stuff which is going to get cleaned in the morning via air compressor. Then I will sand and prime the case and upload again
.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A little update, I sanded and primed both side panels and all the little parts like the PSU tray and the little metal piece with the WC grommets on it. Pictures up after I sand and Prime the body.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top