Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by theo.gr View Post
Nope..The 230mm is far more suitable for TOP EXHAUST!
I ve tried and i see no reason to do so_Only if u have a top mounted PSU!
Good to know. Ok then...what about the side 230mm on the HAF? Still best to stick with the massive spinner? It's worth adding that I'll end up having the front and side fans be intake as well as two fans in push pull on the rear housing the radiator for my corsair h50 and then the big 230mm up top as the only exhaust. I have an overclocked i7 940 at 3.8Ghz and soon will have crossfire 5850's.

Currently temps are all in check with my Coolermaster Scout. Foresee any issue with less exhaust and more intake in the haf?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverlight View Post
The 230mm fans of the HAF are rated at 110cfm so you'd need to add some powerful (noisy) 120mm fans to beat it
Well, for the side panel i was thinking 4 x 120's and possibly 3 x 120's on top. I want this thing to run ice cold (on air)

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Pardon, but you would only need to have 3 x 40 CFM fans to produce more airflow than the 1 x 110 CFM fan...CFM is a measurement of volume per unit of time, more fans pushing smaller volumes can result in a net increase in volume of air.
In my opinion, grab some nice quiet and cheap Zalman's and see if you like the difference, I know that I did
(before I went to water...)

·
Registered
575 Posts
If this is correct, the fan is actually rate @ 150cfm. You could still outdo it with 3 fans, and especially 4, but it moves a good bit of air and since its larger its super quite. If I hadn't window modded mine, it would have stayed for sure.

·
Premium Member
16,447 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mnorris12706 View Post
Well, for the side panel i was thinking 4 x 120's and possibly 3 x 120's on top. I want this thing to run ice cold (on air)
Im in the same situation right now.

Right now its doing fine cooling everything.
But once if get my new card, (gtx 4xx) possibly, i might have to upgrade the fans, i dont wanna do full watercooling yet.

I was gonna also add another fan for instake in the 5.25.
The stock led one isnt doing much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts