Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
only way i can think of it would be to get fan controller, unless you have a option in the bios to play with the fan speeds

·
Registered
340 Posts
i was just testing something today with my haf 932 fans.
they are slower rpm, so i wondered is this the fans truly max rpm?
i did a voltage test in multiple spots and there was 8 volts going to the coil(or w/e that is called).
but i could be wrong, also it looked like it had a mosfet but it was 4 pins(don't know what it is tbh).

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im surprised with these fans to be honest. My antec900 had a more powerful 200mm fan. I tried to install it today but the sockets wont fit properly. My room isnt very cool though, its probably 27 or so degrees in here cuz its still cold where I live. Im also testing the graphics card shroud (not the side fan) but for some reason my 2 gtx580s dont fit the slotting very well. I'm not sure how to play with fans and their volts.. so I dont wana do it without learning about it more.

·
Registered
266 Posts
And I thought that was just me. I also got the HAF X, upgrading from a 902 and thought the fans were really weak.

Hopefully I can find some 200mm Blue LED fans that are stronger than the current ones that are in there.

I am replacing the front fan today with a Blue one, and the bad thing is that the front one is 150 CFM, and the blue one is only 110. My temps have been fine though, so its working for me for now.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Are the 200mm CM fans with the LEDs more powerful or just the same fan? I put a Noctua 140mm in my rear exhaust. My SLI 470s are too hot, so if putting in better case fans might genuinely help I might look into it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceej;13054575
Are the 200mm CM fans with the LEDs more powerful or just the same fan? I put a Noctua 140mm in my rear exhaust. My SLI 470s are too hot, so if putting in better case fans might genuinely help I might look into it.
The same fan, just different LED colors.

And your SLI 470s are hot cards, so cooling those things to a happy temp, requires WCing.

·
Registered
183 Posts
hmm. That's disappointing. I really can't do water atm for money or lack of ever doing
tongue.gif
I was hoping adding a second fan at the top would help. I really don't know what to do since I KNOW the problem is that the cards are too close. Short of a different motherboard I can't do anything. I have the VGA duct blowing air right on it, the side 200mm, RAM cooler, and the rear fan is a 140mm Noctua. I don't even think an aftermarket VGA cooler would fit :/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts