Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Old to Overclock.net
4,088 Posts
If there's one thing I'd like to change on that case, i'd change led colors for the fans. A purple color would be cool (very rare and the new calibre 480x would look great in that case!)! hehe!

Pimpin case baby!!!

Then get the royal purple sleeves at mdpc-c, they are on specials!

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyGood View Post
sleeve your cables.
re-paint it in glossy black, i'd like to see that done once.
Sounds decent. Might consider. Keep ideas coming tho.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I hate that it doesn't come with two clips on the hot swap bays, I actually went ahead and bought two clips for mine.

I like to stick a lot of crap in my bay drives, and i have no need for hotswap so i took the module out.

I have seen people take all the clips out and stick vinyl cutouts over the bays.

I would also check your power buttons, people have had problems with sharp solder poking and shorting out pcb, I went ahead and opened mine up and added electrical tape. They are really sandwiched in there.

There is a mod on here for opening up the window, but that would be more recommended only if you were doing water cooling.

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by luvsan
View Post

I hate that it doesn't come with two clips on the hot swap bays, I actually went ahead and bought two clips for mine.

I like to stick a lot of crap in my bay drives, and i have no need for hotswap so i took the module out.

I have seen people take all the clips out and stick vinyl cutouts over the bays.

I would also check your power buttons, people have had problems with sharp solder poking and shorting out pcb, I went ahead and opened mine up and added electrical tape. They are really sandwiched in there.

There is a mod on here for opening up the window, but that would be more recommended only if you were doing water cooling.

i heard (and saw pics somewhere, will find it later) of a very SERIOUS damage done by some poor cabling inside HAF-X. a guy lost his DV Cam and Asus mobo firewire chip on Asus mobo. All cause front fan LED's pw swich cable was not insulated properly and front pannel FW connector pin was coming into it. when he turned on the diode the electricity came into the mobo and fried it. same happened to the cam when he connected it through FW. he said also that he read about people complaining about similar things.

here's the thread and pics:

http://forum.pcekspert.com/showpost....6&postcount=64

basically, what's written there i wrote here in short. first two pics are supposed to show that although i'm not sure what to look at.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerik
View Post

what cae is that jolly goood? its huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge

yeah it's humongous lol. you can use upper compartment as a wardrobe. just add shelves.
anyway, it's a Chieftec, they make excellent and pretty cheap cases.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811160027

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyGood
View Post

i heard (and saw pics somewhere, will find it later) of a very SERIOUS damage done by some poor cabling inside HAF-X. a guy lost his DV Cam and Asus mobo. All cause front fan LED's pw swich cable was not insulated properly and front pannel FW connector pin was coming into it. when he turned on the diode the electricity came into the mobo and fried it. same happened to the cam when he connected it through FW. he said also that he read about people complaining about similar things.

here's the thread and pics:

http://forum.pcekspert.com/showpost....6&postcount=64

basically, what's written there i wrote here in short. first two pics are supposed to show that although i'm not sure what to look at.

Yea i checked mine soon as i heard about it, mine was not exposed but you can see how it very easily could be.

It's not very much exposed wire in his pics as you can see, what i did was just took electrical tape and wrapped the wires individually, then flattened some down over them should prevent me from having the same troubles.

There is so much room up there I have no idea why they had to do it that way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts