Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cut out upper plastic in two, because upper side is inaccessible without lifting entire front panel cable section. I want to glue something over both cut edges, something rubbery/plastic?-like that would mold around ruff cut edges and fill the gap, but don't know what to use.

Any advice on what to use that would stick?
I was thinking something pre-glued already, like duct tape, but duct tape would look cheap.

·
Premium Member
14,339 Posts
I would go back in with sandpaper or a dremel and try to clean up the cuts, especially along the top of the front panel. If you clean those up a lot better, you could could probably use some black paint or a sharpie to cover the exposed cut areas. Not sure if anyone has tried it but after cleaning up, using some black nail polish could also give a nice finish if done carefully.

It's going to be difficult to find something like car door trim to fit around the edge since there isn't much left in some areas and the ribs will require some clever notching to get by.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks and yeah, come to think of it, best case is just to clean it up/add some paint.
Gap is too thin, it could be enlarged to some extent but even if so, profile is too complicated to apply anything not tailor-made.
Maybe someone like a dentist could make it in plastic from imprint if he treated those parts as teeth lol
But even if you could find one willing to do it, it would cost like a new HAF case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts