Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is a stupid question, but am I just supposed to break off the metals pieces behind the normal 5.25" bays?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
yea its the same thing on the 932 you just break/twist em out and then throw em out

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh, just curious as to why they would make then steel if you are just gonna throw them out

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orli155
View Post

oh, just curious as to why they would make then steel if you are just gonna throw them out

Maybe it was cheaper than plastic or something of that sort, no idea.

·
Registered
801 Posts
in the past i have used them to mount 120mm fans as intake and have seen many others do the same, i think that is why they are left there

·
Registered
936 Posts
Break it gently. and send it back to coolermaster if haf x ever burn ur motherboard seriously.
make sure to removed ur top panel and check all ur front panel cable/wiring for flow/issue. i did and found out 2 of the wiring(sleeve) has big hole/look like its been pinch hard someone did a rush job and didnt bother to show it to quality assurance those damage/issue can cause a shortage. glad i check or i end up burning my board Again. just like last time didnt know it was haf x fault. anyway its for ur own safety just double check it.

·
Registered
936 Posts
also im pretty sure coolermaster is aware of this problem thats why they giving away free top panel rma/replacement. but they wont admit the mistake that their first batch of those coolermaster haf x has those problem.

heres a link for u guys to check. (Haf X can seriously burn ur motherboard).
http://www.overclock.net/computer-ca...bo-burned.html

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orli155
View Post

They are part of the front panel when its is made they stamp out so they can be removed. I believe the leave them there to help block emf noise from inside the case getting out or from emf noise to get into the case.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts