Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey will a 240mm rad fit in the top of a Haf X for a g1 assasin and an i7 970? Please include picture and/or description of how to fit. Thanks
gunner.gif
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
it will fit easily. Use the existing fan screw holes to mount the rad and fans to the case. Go with a 360 tbh, fits perfect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttoadd.nz;13107829
it will fit easily. Use the existing fan screw holes to mount the rad and fans to the case. Go with a 360 tbh, fits perfect.
Thanks but i would like a fan controller, a blu ray drive and a dual bay res so I heard that the 360mm rad wouldn't fit because you need the top 5.25" bay free. Is that true or can I just take out the hotswap?

·
Registered
178 Posts
For a 360 radiator you will need to top bay free. But you have plenty more bays to put your stuff. So yes, go for the 360. Besides, a 240 radiator is not enough to cool a cpu, unless you're running at stock clocks...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddar97;13107844
Thanks but i would like a fan controller, a blu ray drive and a dual bay res so I heard that the 360mm rad wouldn't fit because you need the top 5.25" bay free. Is that true or can I just take out the hotswap?
Check septro's build log. Has everything you just mentioned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts