Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a new case, max 180 euro and the HAF X or Antec Dark Fleet 85 is just under that price (I like the looks of both).
But I'm not sure if it's worth it for my current setup. I plan to upgrade my mobo & ram next month and get myself a 2nd GTX460 or WC for christmas.

Just want your advice if it's worth the money or if i should get a cheaper case.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
get the haf x , best case right now

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
If you do get a HAF X check your front panel and make sure the LED button isn't shorting things when you push it down. Might need to tape up some wires.

·
Registered
333 Posts
the haf x is a great case and if you have the money for it then go for it, but then again its meant for airflow and you said you are going to do water cooling, so in that case maybe a haf 932 Black Edition will be better, its still roomy and the new side window will be a plus for you since you will watercool your gpu(s) so you wont be affected by the loss of the side fans instead you get to show off your water cooling set up, and well i dont know much about the antec case so i just wont say anything

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Segovax View Post
If you do get a HAF X check your front panel and make sure the LED button isn't shorting things when you push it down. Might need to tape up some wires.
Yep, I have to apply some heatshrink to mine :/

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I was going to get the HAF X, but ended up going with the RV02. The side panel on the HAF X is kind of corny, and so is the fan duct. The whole thing with the plastic and the army weaponry look doesn't really appeal to me. But that's just me.

In my opinion, no HAF case matches up to the quality of a Silverstone or a Lian Li case. You feel the difference in quality, even though the HAF might have more airflow and more possibilities.

·
Registered
170 Posts
HAF X. If you don't care about looks and just want to bring down your temps, its the best air cooling case out right now. I mean, its so ugly I have to close my eyes when I reach down to put a DVD in but it gets the job done. Get a second 200mm top fan if you do purchase it.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by folk-it-up
View Post

the haf x is a great case and if you have the money for it then go for it, but then again its meant for airflow and you said you are going to do water cooling, so in that case maybe a haf 932 Black Edition will be better, its still roomy and the new side window will be a plus for you since you will watercool your gpu(s) so you wont be affected by the loss of the side fans instead you get to show off your water cooling set up, and well i dont know much about the antec case so i just wont say anything

I know the case is meant for air cooling, but i said i *might* go with WC. If i do get the HAF X I'd rather get another GTX460 then go on water. Currently i have no case and my temps are OK so it can only improve.
The fact that it's so big just wants me to buy it.

·
Premium Member
8,612 Posts
i love mine......and with 9 expansion slots it'll work with more MBs.....plus a 200mm side fan will aid in vga cooling

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't have sooo much money i can buy sli GTX480 etc but I'm always busy adding new things to it so the HAF X might come handy in a year. I'll probably buy the HAF X.

Also, is there an HAF X club ?

·
Registered
224 Posts
The HAF X is the only case in a reasonable price range that worked with my rampage II motherboard to be able to utilize the third PCI-e slot. It's a hell of a case and I have no complaints.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
14,431 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The 932 is 60 less here and it's the black edition. Dunno, I don't really need the HAF X so i could just go with the 932. But i also like the CM Storm Sniper BE.
Arh, why is it so hard to pick a case

Also what do you guys think about the Antec Dark Fleet 85 ? I like it's looks a lot more then the HAF X.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts