Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was running a stress test and incrementing my 4870 by 3mhz to find the max core clock at a stock voltage and it crashed at 832mhz. Ok thats fine... I bumped up the voltage from a stock 1.26v to 1.5v and that didn't do ANYTHING. Am I going crazy
? I could've sworn that 0.24v would stabilized it at least A LITTLE
!!! Any ideas?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that rocks... I have the fan going 100% but still nothing... and sorry for posting this in nVidia... don't know how that happened.

·
Banned
11,112 Posts
funny, my card's temps don't drop 1 degree from 35% (minimum and fairly quiet) to 100% (screaming like a... not going to say). Same with my S1283 and S963

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sn0wm4n View Post
... and sorry for posting this in nVidia... don't know how that happened.
Don't sweat it. I'm sure there are many of us (myself included) that own both ATI and NVIDIA cards.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
One problem with trying to get extra speed by overvolting with ATI cards might be that the Shaders overclock with the core, unlike on nvidia cards where they are separately adjustable. Extra volts don't tend to help the shaders to overclock, but it does bring extra heat to them, which they tend to not like. Thus, it would not surprise me if overvolting on a ATI card would end up being fruitless unless you did some kind of extra cooling as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts