Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was considering one but thing in aus is that the ambient temp in summer is hot so WC is only as cool as the room. Where i am gets upto 45c+ in summer at times >.>

·
Registered
41 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SadistBlinx View Post
Anyone know where to get one of these?
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/coo...iller-review/1
Lol i'm in Australia so I'm thinking more like 9 months away for us to play catch up with technology ..

you can get the chiller at www.aquatuning.de
it's just the chiller so you still have to buy the other components and assemble them yourself. make sure to pick a chiller than can handle more than your estimated heatload. Keep in mind that this will be very expensive, and you may just want to use a radiator instead.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shipping would cost an arm and a leg if they did do aus. I think im just going to have to settle for down clocked cpu over summer.

·
Premium Member
5,295 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol i plan on doing a build log when i get a little more saved, registration for vehicles just cost me $680 today! bye bye 3 weeks wages.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadistBlinx;10754674
Anyone know where to get one of these?
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cooling/2010/07/20/hailea-hc-500a-water-chiller-review/1
Lol i'm in Australia so I'm thinking more like 9 months away for us to play catch up with technology ..
frown.gif
Quote:
Firstly, the HC-500A is much louder than a well designed standard water-cooling loop, which in of itself should be quieter than a collection of screaming air-coolers.
Can someone clarify the bold text. What is quiter than a collection of screaming air-coolers? Are they speaking about the HC-500A or a WC loop?

·
Registered
525 Posts
I used to own a HC-500A for my salt water aquarium. It's not quiet by any means, but it's not extremely loud or anything. As a rough guess, I would say it's about 35dB which is about as loud as a few 2000rpm fans. It has a more "generator" tone to it though, so just be aware of that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts