1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow!

Just wow!
biggrin.gif

Half-life 2 with Cinematic Mod looks stunning, especially with SSAA8X.

Not a single jaggies, no visible pixels, great textures, great lighting and above all, on of the greatest game ever. I had more wow moments than when playing Metro, BFBC2 or Crysis.

To me, this is far superior to Crysis 2. Immersion feel is 20x times better.

Frame rate is a rock solid 60fps.

Plus I can't see the end of it. How many hours is it in total (0,1 and 2 back to back)?

Edit: Screenies

View attachment 205981

View attachment 205982

View attachment 205983

View attachment 205984

View attachment 205985

·
god loves ugly
4,240 Posts
HL2 can be quite the lengthy game.

PS: This thread is worthless without pics :}

·
Registered
152 Posts
Great pics, mod looks cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMax;13156280
Plus I can't see the end of it. How many hours is it in total (0,1 and 2 back to back)?
I'd say like 20-25 hours if you really plow through it at full speed, with never getting stuck. But I'd be pretty impressed if you never got stuck, there were a couple puzzles and difficult parts i got a bit stuck on.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is my first play-through.

I played about 3hrs on the Xbox years ago, but it's so much greater on PC with that mod and super-sampling.
biggrin.gif

I was so disappointed with C2 that I went looking for a good fps from earlier. I was afraid HL2 would be too old for me to dive into it. I was wrong. Graphics are very impressive.

·
god loves ugly
4,240 Posts
I'm still very fond of HL2s default art style. Graphics aren't a huge deal for me, but I do think HL2 still looks good when maxed out.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Once over the summer I did a weekend were HL2 was Friday, HL2ep1 was Saturday, and Sunday was HL2ep2. I'd say 7-9 hours for first one, then 5-7 for the other two (each not combined).

·
Registered
321 Posts
My first playthrough was with CM10 too. Such a great experience, except for the harder gameplay changes that CM10 makes. I had to reload the game so many times lol

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GYBE;13156717
My first playthrough was with CM10 too. Such a great experience, except for the harder gameplay changes that CM10 makes. I had to reload the game so many times lol
So it is harder than Vanilla! I see. I thought it was surprisingly tough. Was dying a lot. That explains it! Thanks.

Any console commands to lower the difficulty a notch? Any adjustment possible?

·
3DFX User
7,279 Posts
Will have to try this!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Wow, some of those shots are amazing. I recently played through all of the Half-Life games and have been wanting to play through HL2 + eps again. I might grab this mod and give it a go.

Are all the weapon models changed + what to?

·
Registered
224 Posts
7 year old engine and still better looking and more fun to play than any console game, incredible. cant wait to play portal 2.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GYBE
View Post

I don't think there's a console command, but I do think that the lite version of the mod only includes graphical changes.

·
Registered
565 Posts
i hate how this mod absolutely destroys the characters appearance.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nalty
View Post

i hate how this mod absolutely destroys the characters appearance.

The character upgrades are optional aren't they? I played through the mod with default Alyx.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Muntey
View Post

Wow, some of those shots are amazing. I recently played through all of the Half-Life games and have been wanting to play through HL2 + eps again. I might grab this mod and give it a go.

Are all the weapon models changed + what to?

I think so. You can aim down the sight too. Weapons look great. High resolution texture are impressive. Mod is very large because of it (8.6GB)

Quote:

Originally Posted by zi3m
View Post

Can you send a link to this mod? and how did you get the AA? Nvidia Inspector?

http://www.cinematicmod.com/cm_10.php

Torrent is available for fast download. http://gameupdates.org/details.php?id=4325

Supersampling works directly with DX9 in CCC for AMD products. Just overriding application settings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xealot
View Post

The character upgrades are optional aren't they? I played through the mod with default Alyx.

I play with the defaults. I prefer the original Alyx to the Adriana Lima one.

By the way, the installation is flawless and the game has not a single bug so far. Just make sure you play all 3 games at least once and make a save before installation.

·
Banned
314 Posts
I confirm that Cinematic Mod 10 makes the game INTENSE. The graphics are way better, but even better is the new gameplay. Iron sights make the game really fun and "entertaining" if you like games like Bad Company 2 or the such, the emphasized damage makes headshots really rewarding, and you actually have to think about firefights.

It's very different from vanilla Half-Life 2, I died maybe 2 times during it and it was quite a walk in the park unlike this mod.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts