1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
994 Posts
I don't get the move that microsoft is making...

just from the past we know that initial releases of new OS are glitchy and buggy etc... So why release a game exclusively for a new OS.. XP seems pefectly fine for me... Unless there are some spectacular performance increases of Vista that I havn't heard of...

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
yup those sob's are doing that with flight simulator X as well, but i have h2 for xbox and i realy didnt like the direction they took the story, but i understood why they did it, there was NO way we could have won the war, the covenant, are technologically superior, physically, and intellectually superior to us, there are only what 3 spartens left (if you go by the last book) so we would have been F'ed, but in terms of gameplay it was awsome, loved xbox live (still do) only problem is they screwed with my pistol and sniper rifle

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeueZiel
just from the past we know that initial releases of new OS are glitchy and buggy etc... So why release a game exclusively for a new OS..
To spark sales of Vista, nothing more. It is a common statement in the industry trade rags that Microsoft is going to have a hard time convincing users that they need to upgrade to Vista because, as you say, XP already does pretty much everything we need and more. There is absolutely no reason for a home user to upgrade to Vista, none. So Microsoft has to create a reason: software you want is only available on Vista!

No one should upgrade to Vista to get Halo 2, of course. You can get an XBox and Halo 2 for less than the Vista software will cost, not to mention the hardware upgrade you probably need. Best to wait until you buy/build a new PC to move to Vista, I say. That's my plan, anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by VulcanDragon
To spark sales of Vista, nothing more. It is a common statement in the industry trade rags that Microsoft is going to have a hard time convincing users that they need to upgrade to Vista because, as you say, XP already does pretty much everything we need and more. There is absolutely no reason for a home user to upgrade to Vista, none. So Microsoft has to create a reason: software you want is only available on Vista!

No one should upgrade to Vista to get Halo 2, of course. You can get an XBox and Halo 2 for less than the Vista software will cost, not to mention the hardware upgrade you probably need. Best to wait until you buy/build a new PC to move to Vista, I say. That's my plan, anyway.

LOL-That's so true...didn't even realize that.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
True, but people will eventually have to move to Vista cause XP will be outdated in time, but until then, very dumb move by MS.

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Dude, you can get an Xbox 360 Platinum, Halo 1 and 2 and a year's subscription to Xbox Live for less than Windows Vista, and if you think I'm kididng, just wait and see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts