Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why aren't they on computer.. I love Halo and want to know why its not on computer. I mean its exclusive to 360 but Microsoft owns 360 and I know they would make a killing on sales if they released them to PC.

Also Halo Wars looks like it would be better on computer, dont you think?

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Well... halo 3 might be coming out for the PC later on like halo 2 and halo 1 came out on the PC a long time after their 360 counterparts but as to why they don't initially release them for the PC, I'm guessing to keep the 360 selling. I say that cause most people I know pretty much bought the 360 for halo. But thats just a dumb guess...

·
Registered
392 Posts
It'll come to pc's later on, all they want to do is make everyone buy xbox 360's because the people that want to play halo 3 or halo wars will have no choise but to buy an xbox 360 making them alot more profit. i mean look at halo 1 and halo 2, even on the box they say only for xbox. 2 years after each they released it for the pc because #1 everyone has an xbox #2 everyone has them for the xbox and they need a way to make more profit.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
The only reason halo is so successful on the consoles is due to it's simplicity. FPS on PC needs to be much more complex in order to sell. Halo and Halo 2 are on PC, yet not many people play it cause it gets boring, and there are way better choices out there.

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
I was actually just reflecting today upon how long I'd have to wait to play 'wars' since I sold off my 360.

Worth it though, you can look at it and just know the 360 is not going to do that game any amount of justice.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
RTS on a console is fail

·
Premium Member
16,928 Posts
QFT

heck halo is fail. even Prey is better, and i hate prey

·
Premium Member
7,263 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylon
View Post

The only reason halo is so successful on the consoles is due to it's simplicity. FPS on PC needs to be much more complex in order to sell. Halo and Halo 2 are on PC, yet not many people play it cause it gets boring, and there are way better choices out there.

halo 2 on console looks a hella lot better than the pc version, ive played both
pc looks like ****

Quote:

Originally Posted by nepas
View Post

when halo wars was first announced it was supposed to be a pc title!!(I wish they had stuck to that)

there is a pc halo wars, looks old though

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullzaflare
View Post

halo 2 on console looks a hella lot better than the pc version, ive played both
pc looks like ****

there is a pc halo wars, looks old though

Since when is there one for the PC?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I doubt they'll release Halo 3 on PC since the PC ports of Halo and Halo 2 were such fail.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drizzt5
View Post

RTS on a console is fail

Normally I'd agree 100 percent but halo wars works perfectly with a controller. Plus co-op campaign is awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solertia
View Post

I doubt they'll release Halo 3 on PC since the PC ports of Halo and Halo 2 were such fail.

Halo 2 sucked, but Halo for PC was pretty damn good.

I don't think halo 3 will ever come to PC because halo 2 did so poorly when it came out for PC.

Halo wars , its possible it would come to PC.

But halo wars was build for the 360 from the ground up, it was never meant for PC.

There was a mod for command and conquer generals called halogen what was for PC, but sadly it was shutdown because of halo wars.
Looked very promising too.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I heard that the Halo Wars plays very well with a controller...I wonder how.
*Goes to Google it*

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Master Chief
View Post

Why aren't they on computer.. I love Halo and want to know why its not on computer. I mean its exclusive to 360 but Microsoft owns 360 and I know they would make a killing on sales if they released them to PC.

Also Halo Wars looks like it would be better on computer, dont you think?

Putting an FPS and an RTS on PC would make too much sense. This would go against Bungie's fundamental principles. Honestly, we can't expect much from a company whose website's tagline is "Don't Make Us Kick Your Ass".

In addition it would probably violate some agreement they have with M$.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.