Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im haveing trouble starting up halo ....when i go 2 start it it comes back and it tells me that there was a problem initializing Direct3D it said that my hardware accellerator is disabled....but when i fo cheack in DXDIAG eveything looks fine....what could be the problem?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Sorry for double... seriously... Halo can be a bit touchy... try to update to the newest direct X drivers and disable any programs that might be accessing them... especially any of the motherboard monitors... just turn everything off and see if it runs.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittani

Sorry for double... seriously... Halo can be a bit touchy... try to update to the newest direct X drivers and disable any programs that might be accessing them... especially any of the motherboard monitors... just turn everything off and see if it runs.

how do i know other programs are runnin with direct x(i have the latest directx)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnMcGrail

Reinstall video card drivers.

i tryed that already and it keeps coming out

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Is Windows detecting your card? Check under hardware manager. Sometimes Windows will decide at random points that I don't have a video card.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Is Windows detecting your card? Check under hardware manager. Sometimes Windows will decide at random points that I don't have a video card.

yea its marking it

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sco0by_568

yea its marking it

it was playin in my friends pc fine but now when i play here it wont work

·
Registered
152 Posts