Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm debating whether or not to almost lose my fingers again and cut my old case in half. There's just sooo much space being taken up by air. Stupid air... you have plenty of room, what's so cool about my computer that you have to be a hog? (I haven't slept.)

Here's a mock up and some pictures of some of the parts just laying in there. The HDD is actually a dead 183MB Seagate from my first computer -- it's just there for the picture. I'm putting the drives at the bottom because I'm not going to use those ISA slots anyway... The HDD will end up with a bracket somewhere else so it's not vibrating when the optical drive is active. That would be bad. I'll have to mod the PSU to have the second fan doing it's twirly thing. I'll probably drill some more holes and nibble the case a bit so it faces the other way (read: exhaust is at the top). I'm not sure when I can get started on this because my schedule has been kind of crazy but I'll keep you posted.

EDIT:
This should probably be in the work logs... Please move it if you think so. It's bedtime.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
As long as you have no overheating issues go for it man.....just be carefulto leave ample air to flow. I think that would be a great idea for a WC case.....hmmmm....methinks i will have to try a slim form factor case in the near future......

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you look at the diagram you'll see it will be set up to suck in air from the bottom (where it coolest) and force it up to the top and then blow it out. I'm going to (try and) seal the case so the air goes where I want it to...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts