Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.hamachi.cc/

Someone posted a FAQ about this and I saw it the other day. Has anyone tried or know someone who has tried this on the good ol' dial up connection? My friend really likes to play CoD2 (and he's on of the best, but has dial up, go figure), and if he can use that program, it would be a huge thing for him.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
I don't think it'd work well, and I'll tell you what hamachi's used for, or at least what i tried to use it for. I tried to use it for file transfers...and to circumvent forwarding any ports(you still had to do one, but if you didn't know a game's port for example, you can just use this supposedly.) also it just starts up lan games over the internet, so if he and you had high speed, and you wanted to just play with each other, you could just start a lan game using that hamachi ip and you wouldn't have to worry about passwords(At least this is how it's supposed to work lol, I've never got it to work)

·
Registered
443 Posts
i used it(still installed) i connect to my friends server(when its up) but can only get a full connection with 1 other person and its not the person that i wanted to get connection with(go figure) so i gave up, didnt want to forward my ports(even though i know how)

its a cool idea though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts