Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to make a CSS map in 3ds Max? With unrealEd you can make brushes in 3ds max which allows a lot more freedom.

I have a level design/development class and I want to make a CSS gungame map instead of a lame Unreal 3 level. I'm sure it wouldn't take much time to learn hammer but I would rather just make it in max since I already know it well.

Also I'm supposed to make something as close to a full conversion as possible so I don't want to waste too much time learning.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I'm pretty sure that's implausible. It might just be that I don't know much about the Unreal Editor.

·
Registered
599 Posts
No, its not. There's no way to export anything into a VMF or whatever. If you made a model and exported it into hammer, that could work, but you'd have to make nodraw brushes everywhere to seal the map and the lighting to work properly. Hammer is really easy to learn. You can make a map out of just brushes and a few entities.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I know I could just use their brushes but I would rather just make my own. If anyone can provide links, I'm pretty sure there has to be a way to do it.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Katana View Post
I'm pretty sure that's implausible. It might just be that I don't know much about the Unreal Editor.
You can make your own brushes in 3ds max for Unreal it's a fact and incredibly easy.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Lame unreal 3 level? I'm in a game asset class and we are custom making from scratch an entire level for UT3. Every object in game (minus guns and characters) will be custom made.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by NITRO1250 View Post
Lame unreal 3 level? I'm in a game asset class and we are custom making from scratch an entire level for UT3. Every object in game (minus guns and characters) will be custom made.
Yeah me too yay! Lol, I don't feel like making an unreal level for my final project because I don't think the game is incredibly fun. I already know how to make my own level in unrealed with assets made by myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts